can i bypass?

Auto Zone has them listed as accessories rather than as replacement parts, and they offer several different resistance ratings (ohms). Does anyone know what the factory ones are rated for?

I just bought a new one for my 88 4.0 from mopar and it's marked 1.1 ohms. part number 33000682.

It was a quick fix to solve the problem of people complaining about the fuel pump being loud. It is bypassed on startup, it is bypassed under full throttle conditions, and 1987 models never had one without any problems. If it were my truck I would simply bypass it, but then my truck never had one to begin with.

Auto Zone has them listed as accessories rather than as replacement parts, and they offer several different resistance ratings (ohms). Does anyone know what the factory ones are rated for?

I just bought a new one for my 88 4.0 from mopar and it's marked 1.1 ohms. part number 33000682.

Looks like the closest Auto Zone offers is a 0.8 ohm.They have higher resistances, but those would drop the voltage to the fuel pump too much.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/access ... ing=search

• 2 weeks later...