1988 Jeep Comanche Aka The Penny Sniffer ,pic Heavy

So I have been putting off this one for a while. Got some vibrations from the angle of the drive shaft and it is also to short. But the stress on the tail housing of the transfercase finally took its toll anbd blew the seal. So I figured if I'm going to fix it Ill fix it the right way the first time.....

So here somes the new stuff..

Tom woods drive shaft and a Advance Adapters SYE kit

Now this is not somthing I did by myself. I have never opened up a transfer case and I was told it was just best to get it all professonally installed. SO I ended up getting it installed a J&P transmissions (aka J&K). they did a great job. Havent snapped a picture of it all installed yet though.

Had some blow by in the air filter. The CCV system is all new and I and get it to stop. Apperantly this is a problem with the 4.0's in jeeps. Did a compression test and the rings are good to everything checked out. turns out the problems is the intake flutes in the top of the valve cover sit to low in the head and suck up oil. The solution to this is to trip about 1/2 inch off the flutes. However I just got done pulling the valve cover off and just put a 40 dollar fel-pro gasket on it. So the solutoion for now is a 20 dollar oil catch can. and so far it has worked great.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next it was on to install the new Durango steering box. This box is a bit bigger and beefier and just needs some sort of spacer to bolt right up. I also got a steering box brace and but it on also.

The same time I did this I installed the new power steering pump, lines, and bracket.

Next it was on to install the new Durango steering box. This box is a bit bigger and beefier and just needs some sort of spacer to bolt right up. I also got a steering box brace and but it on also.

The same time I did this I installed the new power steering pump, lines, and bracket.