Comanche with Rhino Grille / hood......

I love the old Jeep wagoneer with the Rhino grill (slopes forward, round headlights). Has anyone seen/heard of someone converting the front of a Comanche to incorporate the Rhino grille/hood?

Does anyone know the demensions of the Rhino grille (height and width)?

Don't qoute me on this, but I believe that an FSJ (comparing a J-Truck to a Comanche) is about 4-5 inches wider than an MJ/XJ. My suggestion would be to measure your front clip (side to side) and add about 5 inches. If you want to incorporate the Rhino grille on an MJ, you have to swap over the front clip from an FSJ.

I'd suggest scouring over on IFSJA.org. Those guys over there could probably give you more insight than us MJ guys over here could.

This is about as good as it gets as far as that idea goes:

That's the Razor Grille which is another fav of mine. Looks like the Razor Grille would be much easier to incorporate. I love the front, but dislike the fenders..... to each his own. That's part of the reason I want to do something like this..... to have something different that I really like.

Do you have a link to where you obtained these pics? Is there a write-up or better yet an owner that I can fire off some questions too?

This is all there is that i know of, i only remembered it because i found it...interesting.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30459

Thanks. I also found a thread HERE, that showed a picture of the center part of the Rhino Grill:

Didn't realize just how tall the Rhino Grille was. I'm still tempted to try the Razor Grille though.