brake hose length vs lift

so as i pull my wheels off to check clearances i notice my brake hoses are looking pretty haggard. however i am planning on lifting it SOON. seeing as i don't want to buy brake hoses twice here is my question. with a 3 inch lift in the front can i get away with using factory replacements or do i have to go another route and if so what route should i take?

Stock hoses will work but you may have to lower the hardlines or you could use yj hoses they are a bit longer.

Use the YJ hoses.

Bending the original MJ hard lines is (IMHO) a HUGE risk. The metal is 20 years old in the newest possible MJ (a 1992). There's a high probability that if you try to bend it ... it'll crack. You're buying new hoses anyway, so just buy longer ones. The YJ hoses will work fine at stock height and are long enough for about a 4" lift.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheap Extended brake hoses for the front, would fit xj and mj Napa Part 38182 and 38183

they are about 4" longer not sure what they're from. they cost me 13 each. way better than any other i've found. they have a bracket you need to remove but for the price :)

• 2 months later...