cweemanrun build

Ok so here it gos the start of the Weeman , I'm turning my 1988 comanch pioneer in to a diesel. 4bt here we go. So went down to the local diesel shop to see if he knew anyone that had a cummins 4bt. well turns out that he just happen to have one in a van that was heading for the scrap yard. I was able to pick it up for around 1200$ in running condion and he was very helpfull with any info need for the swap plus helped with lots of extra parts. He gave me the torq converter for the turbo 400 which i will be using plus a crate of extra part as well. here's some pics of whats been done as of today.

here are some of pulling the old 4.0 and the ax15

Clean engine bays should have a warning label associated with them. Gets the blood flowing haha. Great start on this one! Please keep it updated as we all love these types of swaps!

RockMJ

The 4.0 ran perfect and trans was fine, just have always wanted to do the swap and as the old lady puts it "you just can't leave anything alone can you". So i just bite the bullet and did it. now she really happy because i let her pick out the paint color.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ready to see vids of this thing running now. I just love the sound of the idle. This is a swap i have in mind for the big future of my manche, but it will be way out there and only if the 4.0 doesnt do what i want offroad. (which I'm sure it will).

Youll enjoy the mileage and endless torque. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...