Christmas!!!! Anything good for the Jeeps?

ComancheKid45

Well i might be 1 of the younger bunch of Comanche owners but it is Christmas and thought i would see what everyone got this year.....rather if its for ur Jeep(s) or not. 8)

Anyway i got a complete set of Mud flaps and some Vent Shades, Stainless steel made perfectly for my Comanche :-D.......id call it sucessful, i also got other various items but that was it for the Jeep

Only took 4 celebrations and finally got some decent swag.

My dad gave me some money, a insulated flannel shirt, and a Jeep Performance Book I had been looking at. It has some nice charts in it, and some decent reference material. Unfortunately, I already found a mistake in it. It claims the 4.0l makes 225 ft.lbs of torque at 4,000 rpm. :shock:

I got a full complement of ratcheting box end wrenches, a molded tool case for my 290 Pc mechanics set I got last year, so no more digging for sockets. I also got a set of Torx drivers for my ratchets. Overall it was a good Jeep christmas if you include the stereo I got a few days before.

Next year I'm asking for stroker parts :)

Make sure whoever you ask knows what "stroker" parts are, or you might get some strange stares :D

Santa didn't bring me anything for the MJ per se, but I did get the lightweight coveralls and mechanic's gloves I asked for, so I guess that counts.

And if gifts to yourself count, I'm getting myself 4.56's and a locker LOL (but not for another month or so)

Jeff

I'll give her the phone number and part number, and tell her to order 6 of those. I've sourced a good block and good head from a "running when pulled" renix. not bad for free :)

I need to get the pistons, cam, crank and rebuild kit, add the machine work and I'll be set.

Make sure whoever you ask knows what "stroker" parts are, or you might get some strange stares :D

Jeff

My wife would know, but she grew up around race cars. Unfortunately she would order chevy parts....

I forgot to add something. I got a call from the counter guy at the speedshop today. He called to ask me some questions about Renix vs. HO parts, he had someone in there with a 92 MJ, wanting to order some ignition parts. Neither one knew which system was which from the supplier catalog, and I am the only 'Jeep Dork" he could think to ask.

I gave the guy the answer, got them to shove a copy of the group flyer in the guys order when it comes in. I tried to get an employee discount off my order, but it weren't happening.

I'm not using them, but I'm curious as to how well they work. If they're just using some big NIB magnets I may build my own, as I've got a few laying about. Let us know!

Agree, could easely be made.

I have always used magnetic oilfilters (buildt in magnet) on the Harley's.

First time a see this seperate magnet, to be placed outside the filter.

Read more here http://www.filtermag.co.uk/

where are you at 512R?

Hi guys,

have been up in the mountains, nice and cold ,-15C (5 F), but dressed like Eskimos the cold is no problem :)

Did also change the track-bar on the MJ, due to bad Rod End.

The tonneau cover is coming from Summit Racing

Part no: TKS-441188 Price: $165

Will post some pics when installed.

Okay, I'll bite. What's the motor on the cradle for?

Here’s where the sixpack is going ….

Check this link for more pictures/info.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=16104&page=1

Did the chopper 6 years ago.

Angle up a bit more with the camera.......we need better shots of your posters!!!!

:D :D :D

Jeff

Ok Jeff, you ask for it…don’t you think posters like this makes a mans primitive mind more creative ? :D :D

Home built bikes? Cool. Trying to synchro 6 carbs, not cool!!

:D

Agree, I think the 6 carb syncro job will be a PIA, but don’t see it as a big problem…just a big challenge he,he :-D

Big bore pistons are in, all carbs are re-jetted to match the increased displacement, free flow air filters and free flow exhaust (6 to 1) .

Last night we (GF and me) installed the Tonneau cover, and one finished vent cover, here it is…

Well. I didnt get anything for my MJ. All I got was an MJ.

My wife's grandfather gave me his 88, that he rarely drove.

Needless to say that made my Christmas. :D

It is still stock (at the moment) I am already looking for mods to start this project and get it rolling. I will be sure to post pics as I go.

It is nice to be here and I look forward to talking with all of you in the future.