My 88/97 1 Ton Comanche

Never was good at taking build pix, i just do stuff and forget all about pix, ill try to update this more in the future feel free to pm or post questions :wrench:

Dana 60 hp front from a 79 ford f250 sno fighter, Full trussed by EMS offroad(local shop) 5:38 full spool, h1 humvee rims high steer arms to clear, agr rock ram mounted to custom 1ton chevy tre's, dynatrac diff cover and stub hub kit, with there own lock out hubs...

Rear Dana 60 With 14bolt outers & dynatrac diff cover, 35 spline full spool with 5:38 full floater with disk brakes, I trussed it and made the traction bar

Bed moved forward 3" then integrated the exo into the bed sides & cab, enlarged the rear of the wheel well since the front of it moved 3" forward...

Hells creek metric ton leafs sprung over axle setup

8" long arm upfront

custom flush mounted winches front Hacked up Warn 9.5TI and rear HF/9,000lb

39.5x13.5x16.6 irocs

dual beadlocked rock ringed h1 hummer wheels

97 4.0/aw4/231 with a sye kit Non CV and 41 tooth speedo gear

50/50 mounted Cherokee Fuel tank through the bed, full size spare mounted on top of the tank in bed

i put it in reverse and backed out of this spot!

recent pix after the swap to 97 motor trans and interiour, already had the front clip and mirrors since my original build close to 2 years ago...

donor xj

comanche.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: :drool: :popcorn:

Coolest. MJ. Ever.

Ha thanks man, it works pretty good!

but still needs more done to be up to par with the wrangler i sold not long ago! i like to drive it where ever , beat it up and drive it home...

the automatic is temporary for the moment till i sell another toy, to put a good manual and a atlas in it :yes:

jamminz.gif Very nice close to the direction were goin.I'm gunna to steal some of your tube lines add them to mine. :D

Do you have any more pics/info on the skid, link mounts, etc?I'm still trying to figure out how I wanna do mine. Id love to double triangulate the front (dump the trackbar) but between the unibody and space limitation I'm leaning against it.

:rock on: Very nice close to the direction were goin.I'm gunna to steal some of your tube lines add them to mine. :D

Do you have any more pics/info on the skid, link mounts, etc?I'm still trying to figure out how I wanna do mine. Id love to double triangulate the front (dump the trackbar) but between the unibody and space limitation I'm leaning against it.

the Crossmember and links are Krustys, there are better options ive since seen, and there customer service and parts SUCK in my opinion suck...

skid plate is 1/2" HDPE i made myself with left over material from the 4x8 sheet of it i bought to skid my old wrangler....

My front end still uses a track bar as well...

Very Very Nice!

Your front end tube work,

rear tube work,

and tail lights are things of beauty! :cheers:

Angling the lights like that really works for me. :thumbsup:

Is that just sheetmetal blanking off the old tail light openings, or did you form some heavier plate to fit.

Sweet truck,

thanks for posting it up. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks guys, the tail light area is larger that the stock area, it is 16 gauge sheet with a gusset in between both lights, they take a good beating and bend back out easily, a ford f250 rearended me off road once and totaled his front end! i got a couple scratches and a tweaked tail light housing ! jamminz.gif

I have around 12k invested into my 1200$ Comanche :nuts: :yes: And thats basically parts costs as i do all my own work :thumbsup:

found more pix of it stock and mid way through original build

Here you can see the only rust it had , where i needed to cut and modify the firewall/wheel well area for clearance foe the big meats!

Also where i folded the bottom of the doors over for tube clearance of my "rock rails"

before front exo was built

comanche.gif

Very Very Nice!

Your front end tube work,

rear tube work,

and tail lights are things of beauty! :cheers:

Angling the lights like that really works for me. :thumbsup:

Is that just sheetmetal blanking off the old tail light openings, or did you form some heavier plate to fit.

Sweet truck,

thanks for posting it up. :banana: :banana: :banana:

here's a close up of the tails

:bowdown: The stance for this truck, the flares, the tires.... Everything works perfectly. That is not only one of the coolest Comanches I've ever seen, but also one of the coolest 4x4's in general I have ever seen.

My god, that thing must be a monster offroad... :drool: