In Memory Of Comanche Club Member (Rcwhlr) Lenny Olsen

jpnjim

The worst part of growing old is the loss of friends along the way.

:yeah that:

I had some pretty awesome memories with this friend,

seemed like anything mechanical I did with him worked out perfect on the first try.

Swapped a V8 into his V6 GM by sliding the mounts to where they looked good,

bolted them in & the engine dropped in perfect the first time.

Same thing with his cam swap,

even the timing chain cover popped right back into the oil pan (that never happens)

He was my good luck charm, made me look like I knew what I was doing when I didn't.

Later on in life when we both *grew up* he gave me credit for getting him started as a mechanic.

Undeserved credit,

he was always a mechanic, he just didn't know it till we started working on his car together :)

May the good Lord watch over his family and yours, Jim.  It is so sad to lose a friend so young.  God bless you all!!

Thank you!

God bless you and yours as well.

I just had a Facebook friend share pictures of my childhood neighborhood and schools at the long closed Subic Bay Naval Base. The Jungle has retaken the old school where so many wonderful memories took place in the 70's. When nature (God) takes back what does not belong to us we all are reminded of the reality of mortality. Some of the people that made the memories with me are gone, but I am convinced and resolute to the belief that the memories like this will never be erased, even when our bodies are reduced to corruption like my old school and some friends I believe all those moments are forever etched in the annals of the book we co-author with God. Your respect and devotion to your friend are proof. Gob Bless my friend!