Shock absorber opinions

Not to got off subject but ive always thought shocks to help body role to be a small bandade, specially in long corners. just my opinoin but spring presures and anti-role bars are what makes a vehicle perticularly stable in corners as shocks even with all the high end complicated valving slow down the effect. The way i see it is if you sit high (high center of gravity) compared to passenger cars springs, and where they sit compared to weight over axles, are what in the long run control body role, the shock may slow it down when weaving but onces you set the weight in motion it will lean untill stoped by equal forces (springs), the shocks offer valving that is supposed to recognize this but i believe this to be a bunch of crap unless computer controled and with a back up presure source. The reason i say this is for example if your are on the freeway and cornering at speed and hit some bumps what keeps the shock from giving until the spring, or combiniation of springs via sway bar, stops it... It is a give and take and for now and maybe someday it won't be, if you want flex you need low spring rate if you want to be stable in corners you need higher spring rates however achieved. I'm sure you can find a happy medium but a cut and dry solution is bout imposible. Just as a side note if you do go with a stiffer valved shock you will feel it on the rocks for sure...enouph to be uncomfortable...maybe not but if i were you i would beef the hell out of my sway bar and get good disconnects for it lol. good luck

:agree: If your goal is to to control body roll and obtain better handling, shocks alone won't do it. To do it right you'll need a beefier V8 Grand or XJ Country sway bar, firmer front coils (OME here too), a larger Teraflex adj. track bar, ZJ solid tie rod, beefier WJ LCAs, and a set on MT springs on the back is what I did. Works well, and all bolt-on components.

I would get some nitro shocks,I had RRO hydro shocks and with the sway bar I still got a lot of body roll. I went to skyjacker nitros and it stiffened it up a lot,even with the sway bar disconnected its very stable.

The ride is a bit rough now though