About to get a new to me truck

btm24

Since my jeep is having more problems then not and I really need transportation I'm putting her on the back burner for a bit and getting another truck. I'm going to get my good friends 1984 ford F-150 with the I6 4.9 lire. It's just a $#!& truck to get me by till I can get the jeep fixed up. Was used as a farm/mud truck since 1999 and was not registered ith the state till a few months ago. But hey you can't beat it for $600 :D Here are some pics of when my friend first got it, towing my jeep to the shop last week and a "mod" that he did to it.

Me and him have painted it mostly black with some spray paint which made it look a bit better. Not bad but I miss driving my jeep :(

Brandon

Hooray :???: I guess. lol

and this "mud" truck is to be MORE reliable than your Comanche??? :nuts: Welp have fun :wrench: :D

In the state the MJ is in yes. When she gets back on the road tho I don't think so.

$#!& how about pics of the MJ. the lift is on right? new 33" tires right? no more waiting, PICS PICS PICS!!!!! haha

also, wouldnt that 600 bucks help you in getting the Mj back road worthy instead of buying another money pit

I know I REALLY need to update my build lol so very much has been done to it there's just so little time in the day. Yeah it's 4x4 and the 33's are still at the shop waiting to be mounted.

That $600 might get her back on the road I don't know yet but $ is not the thing that's really holding her back it's time. I just haven't had time to tear into it. I do know that there are so many things wrong right now I can't keep track. But for the past month or so I've been with out a ride so I've been bumming rides off of every body else, riding my bike, and taking a cab to school 3 times now. I just can't wait any longer. I miss driving her and I would love to do nothing more then that buts it's going to be a bit before that's going to happen :(

Those 300 L6 engines are just as good as a Jeep 4.0. Stone dead reliable, 300-500k not uncommon before teardown.

That's good to know jamminz.gif I really don't want to put much any $ into it so as long as it runs I think I'm happy. It's just there to keep me going untill I can gt the Comanche back on the road.

Was it going to cost more than $600 to get your MJ back on the road?... :dunno:

RE:

That $600 might get her back on the road I don't know yet but $ is not the thing that's really holding her back it's time. I just haven't had time to tear into it. I do know that there are so many things wrong right now I can't keep track. But for the past month or so I've been with out a ride so I've been bumming rides off of every body else, riding my bike, and taking a cab to school 3 times now. I just can't wait any longer. I miss driving her and I would love to do nothing more then that buts it's going to be a bit before that's going to happen :(

Brandon

Here are a few more pics that I took tonight. I added rain guards and a tool box :) the rain guards were free (made them) and the tool box was $80 bucks which ain't bad. Also it's been painted a bit more since the last time

All I need to do is get another few cans of black to finish the black paint job, and do a tune up. I get a tag Monday :D

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...
Does any body know any good f-150 forums? I'm part of F150forum.com but it kinda sucks not many people answering questions on there, but it seems as If it was much bigger at one time :dunno:

Brandon

Since I picked up my F-150 I've been spending time over at http://www.ford-trucks.com, they've got a pretty great community.

For what it's worth here's my truck:

Also got the 300 (4.9) Couple things about these motors I like, the gear driven camshaft and access panel to get at the lifters.

Miss the MJ but don't miss fixing it all the time :peek:, then again since I've picked up the Ford I've spent quite a lot of time wrenching. I'm not sure what else there is to do... I guess some things never change :wrench:

Anyway good luck with the MJ and may the Ford gods look kindly upon you sir!