transfer case skid

That first picture is exactly why I'm asking. I leave for 20 days in Moab in 8 days. No time to build one ( I will eventually ) so for now I do have time to order a bolt on skid.

Any help appreciated. Working 12's everyday till I leave and don't have alot of research time. Basically hoping to order tomorrow and get it next dayed. I only have sunday off before I leave for instal and final button up on the mj.

Cheers, Jason.

if it makes ya feel any better, I rushed to get my rocker guards and t-case skidplate fabbed up before the big Moab trip... and then they didn't touch a thing in Moab. :dunno: but different trails have different obstacles I guess.

if it makes ya feel any better, I rushed to get my rocker guards and t-case skidplate fabbed up before the big Moab trip... and then they didn't touch a thing in Moab. :dunno: but different trails have different obstacles I guess.

True that. I know for sure my rockers will get abuse, and pretty sure my skid will knowing we will be doing hellderado and other extreme trails again this year. We run every extreme trail. While we take time to try and prevent major body damage.....we can't really do much about our undercarriages when I'm only running 35's.

The only one's that I know of that will work on the MJ's as a "bolt-on" solution is the Skid-Row and TNT Customs one. I've personally installed the Skid-Row one on a MJ without issues.

The Warn one may depending on your tranny/tc combo you have.

-Adam

Thanks, I'm basically a 99xj. running 4.0 aw4 231.

I look at those, are they on your site? cc discount?

Thanks for pictures and info guys!!! I appreciate it. On such a time crunch so just ordered one from Motion Offroad. WOW what great service from Rebecca. She spent the time to find all shipping options for me and got me set up with what worked best for me. Great help, and I'll have my T case skid by saturday so I can get it in before I leave.

Thanks Motion Offroad and all CC members who gave there 2 cents.

Cheers, Jason

Well I got the skid in.

First I want to say thank you to Motion Offroad for great service and I even got it a day earlier than expected. Top notch and I'll use them again.

As for the product. Its a Skid Row MJ skid. Really its a universal for MJ/ZJ/XJ. While SR sells it as MJ its really just the XJ/ZJ kit. I was not impressed with the clearance upon mock up. It sat about 6 inches below the t-case. I do realize its universal and also made to work with a crossmember drop. I ended up doing some fabrication to it and got it within about 1 1/2 inches of the t-case. It still hangs to low overall because of the shape and design but its better than it would have been just bolted in. It takes way to much belly clearance to be anything worth bolting in for real world wheeling and especially rock.

In the end I will run it for Moab and replace it with a complete custom fabricated one upon returning home.

I'll post pictures as soon as I have time. Hopefully next couple days before I leave. I basically flipped the frame mount part of the skid to raise it about 4-5 inches in the back and get it up higher. In doing this it mounts L style to inside and bottom of frame rail now instead of bottom and outside.

My end opionion is that its great for a casual offroader that doesn't need to keep all there belly clearance and isn't worried about hanging up on it, there just worried about protecting there t-case.

Once modified I feel its a acceptable skid for medium to heavy wheeling, and only gives about 2 inches of loss in belly clearance. So if your able to do mild modifictions comfortably it is great for someone that only has a cut off wheel and welder to work with (all I used for modification)

I do feel the quality of the build of the skid plate is great. Its stout, beautifully powdercoated, has simple intallation in stock form and great directions for installation. Its a great product that is well built, just not built with the hard core wheeler in mind that needs clearance as well as protection.

Jason