my neighbor's Corvette

Blue88Comanche

That body style 73-81 (82? can't remember which year they didnt make them... 82-83?) is not really worth much yet. Youll have more into resto than the car will be worth when finished, unless youre gonna turn it into a dragster, and cut it up, then it might be worth it....never did care for those years of vette.

I am not sure they will ever be worth much. Withoutmods that thing had better not try to go stop light to stop light with a V6 Accord or Taurus or it will get eaten up pretty handily. They were lucky to get out of the 17's in the 1320. That body style was not the sure hit that the earlier and later models were, to boot.

There was technically no '83 as the '84 C4 was the first of the generation.

I have an 80, which is what that one looks to be. They are 190hp stock, but with a 4 speed they are pretty fun. If your serious about getting it, check underneath for rust. The rear frame kickups (where the trailing arms mount) can be very rusty (mine were). The floor pans can rust out, but its not as common. The birdcage (around the windshield and firewall) rusts out pretty good too, this area costs a fortune to replace correctly.

Other than some rust, we have had good luck with ours, but expect to have to strip the paint all the way to the glass before the new paint goes on. Your looking at about 3-6k for a 'decent' paint job if the shop does all the prep.

the interior was in "good" to "ok" shape...

I just thought it was cool and wanted to post it on CC.. I might buy it or (most likely) may not. it would be neat to play with and try to fix up.. he might even let me work in it if i wanted... I guess I will ask while I help him clean his recently acquired firearm arsenal... no joke, bunch of guns... :yes:

Other than some rust, we have had good luck with ours, but expect to have to strip the paint all the way to the glass before the new paint goes on. Your looking at about 3-6k for a 'decent' paint job if the shop does all the prep.

If I did get it and was to the point of repaint, I might try to do it myself at my uncles garage.

I will take a look at it so see if it has just and where.

Worked on my buddy's 69 350/350 in daytona yellow with side pipes. That car SUCKED to work on and some parts were impossible to get [dash vent air director, other miscellaneous small parts].

Most modern V6 sedans will smoke the one in the pic above in every way.

If it were me, I wouldn't walk away from that heap... I'd run. But its your misery, not mine.