I cant believe i sold it....

Blue88Comanche

For some reason I sold my beloved iPad... The original plan was to get the iPad 2, THEN sell the iPad 1... well now I guess I will wait till I can get the iPad 2 in a few weeks... I am felling a little depressed.. :cry: No one on facebook really thought I sold it so thats shows how much I liked it.. and I used it all the time, everyday... and now i am stuck with my laptop... :nuts:

Guess Red needs an engine and I still want to get that M38A1 saturday. so maybe selling it was Fate punching me in the gut to remind me that I have some unstarted projects that need money! lol

Well thats my depressing post for the day. :shake:

comanche.gif

Don't ever sell something to get the next greatest thing. I sold my kayak so I could get a new model that was coming out in a month. Sold the first day on Craigslist, by the time the new model came out the money evaporated. NO KAYAK FOR ME AT THE MOMENT.

Don't ever sell something to get the next greatest thing. I sold my kayak so I could get a new model that was coming out in a month. Sold the first day on Craigslist, by the time the new model came out the money evaporated. NO KAYAK FOR ME AT THE MOMENT.

This is THE same reason I won't sell my motorcycle.... Theres no way the money I get from it will last till I can buy another. So theres no way I'm selling the one I have till I have another one lined up.... That way Ill never be without, weather I ride it or not!

The iPad is just a big iPod Touch... I never liked it but I am sorry u sold it :thwak: have fun saving up for the iPad 2

Brandon

I made fun of the over glorified iPod touch too. But then I played with one in Best Buy and had to have it... :shake: I also bought it as a laptop replacement for college, mostly because I used the Internet only at school. 10+ hours of battery life is awesome along with Netflix :yes:

I still don't really know why I sold it... :nuts:

I am going to use the money to buy a Willy's Jeep this weekend, so I guess I lost one toy to get another! and if I don't get the Jeep well I am just going to get another iPad. as long as i have a toy I will be happy

This is THE same reason I won't sell my motorcycle.... Theres no way the money I get from it will last till I can buy another. So theres no way I'm selling the one I have till I have another one lined up.... That way Ill never be without, weather I ride it or not!

Don't you dare sell it without giving me first dibs!

Used an Ipad 1 and 2 for the first time this weekend (family friends had them). Sure, surfing the net was cool, but I could not see them being used for much more. Now if those types of things were more like a tablet PC and could run real software I would buy one to replace my 7 year old lap top. Till then, I'll keep old trusty around.

The Willys will gain value. The electronic gizmo will be worthless in a year.

The iPad is just a big iPod Touch... I never liked it but I am sorry u sold it :thwak: have fun saving up for the iPad 2

Brandon

I made fun of the over glorified iPod touch too. But then I played with one in Best Buy and had to have it... :shake: I also bought it as a laptop replacement for college, mostly because I used the Internet only at school. 10+ hours of battery life is awesome along with Netflix :yes:

I am going to use the money to buy a Willy's Jeep this weekend, so I guess I lost one toy to get another! and if I don't get the Jeep well I am just going to get another iPad. as long as i have a toy I will be happy

I love my IPAD and Iphone combo and I am an IT guy. I use Gotodocs and can edit any of my Microsoft Office Docs, I use a cloud sync program called sugarsync and my home computer, work computer, IPAD and Iphone all sync to the cloud, I have 20 gB worth of data I can access from anywhere. When I find myself needing the use of my laptop I use logmein to access my laptop at work or home. The best thing about a tablet is when you travel at the airport the security folks do not make you put it in its own tray or remove the cover. :yes:

Brandon

I love my IPAD and Iphone combo and I am an IT guy. I use Gotodocs and can edit any of my Microsoft Office Docs, I use a cloud sync program called sugarsync and my home computer, work computer, IPAD and Iphone all sync to the cloud, I have 20 gB worth of data I can access from anywhere. When I find myself needing the use of my laptop I use logmein to access my laptop at work or home. The best thing about a tablet is when you travel at the airport the security folks do not make you put it in its own tray or remove the cover. :yes:

Logmein is the best app ever! I manage 6 computers with it. the new file transfer part is great as well. Both my iPhone and (was my) iPad where jailbroken with some awesome fratures like being able to print from any wireless printer and not just the hp or apple stuff.

This is basically the reason I don't sell anything. Motorcycle is a good example, though...haven't ridden the thing yet this riding season, but I won't get rid of it...no point unless I get real hard up for cash. I already overpaid for it and it's never going to increase in value...it's paid off so I might as well keep it around if I have the space.

As for the iPad - a lot of the clients I work with all use them. I've tinkered from time to time and they're useful, but I have a Samsung netbook which can do more and has better battery life and isn't much smaller than the iPad length and width-wise. I use a free program called TeamViewer to manage all of my computers - works with my iPhone, too.

Brandon

Logmein is the best app ever! I manage 6 computers with it. the new file transfer part is great as well. Both my iPhone and (was my) iPad where jailbroken with some awesome fratures like being able to print from any wireless printer and not just the hp or apple stuff.

Ah to be young again, I did things I would never dream of now at 50, growing up in the Navy I scuba dove with sharks, beat them on the snout when they got too close, spearfished and took on morray eels, swatted away sea snakes, but to brave such things and jailbrake my stuff are no longer in my wish list. There are new apps coming out all the time to do many cool things, but in my old age I am now a chicken! I like keeping the option of going to the genius bar at the apple store and have them fix something I broke.

I salute your youth and bravery :bowdown:

Brandon

Ah to be young again, I did things I would never dream of now at 50, growing up in the Navy I scuba dove with sharks, beat them on the snout when they got too close, spearfished and took on morray eels, swatted away sea snakes, but to brave such things and jailbrake my stuff are no longer in my wish list. There are new apps coming out all the time to do many cool things, but in my old age I am now a chicken! I like keeping the option of going to the genius bar at the apple store and have them fix something I broke.

I salute your youth and bravery :bowdown:

hehe while the jailbreakme.com site was still working I jailbroke my iPhone 4 in the AT&T store :rotfl2: ... I was also offered a job by the store manager... had I not have been starting college and live an hour away I might would have taken the job..

a lot of the Jailbreak apps came before apple actually thought "that was a great idea why didn't we do that in the first place"... (well that what i like to think any way) like backgrounds, multitasking and folders on the 3g and 3gs.. there are still features that the iPhone lacks that the jailbreak community has. and because "Droid Does" apple should get into the game. if they offered the basic features like background pictures I most likely would not have jailbroken my iPhones.