Q's about paint

I'm am wanting to now if rustolem painters touch would be good to paint my truck with its gloss deep blue ultra cover 2x coverage and I'm thinking self etching primer then gloss whit and the gloss deep blue and clear

hers a pic of the can

If you have a compressor and a garage, you are FAR better off buying a can of 2-stage paint for ~$75, a $15 HVLP gun from Harbor Freight, and $5 worth of plastic dropcloth and masking paper from Home Depot.

I am of the opinion that rattle can jobs RARELY look passable at best.

I would spray it out of a paint gun,its usually cheaper then rattle and looks 1000 times better.

You can buy rustoleum paint for about $8 a quart,then get a couple dollar can of thinner add a cheap HVLP gun and your ready to go.

Or for a little more you can buy a cheap single stage automotive paint.

When you buy spray paint you only get a couple ounces of paint the rest is thinner/reducer,it takes a few cases of spray paint to equal the coverage of one quart of paint.

Its your truck so do what you want. You asked for opinions and folks are giving you good opinions then you appear to disagree with their opinions. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who knows much about painting to agree with you that using rattle cans is better or cheaper than spraying it from a gun. Best of luck and hopefully yours will turn out great.

yeah i was just kinda wanting to know if it would be a decent look just because ive seen people cause look really good after they spray canned them so i was wondering if anyone had experience and tricks but hell ill do it and see how it goes atleast it won't be faded and be dif cplors

I'm another for using legit paint in a real gun. It's costs a bit more, but let's be honest, where's the real cost here, 50-150 dollars in paint, or all the hours of repair/prep work.

I've used rustoleum in a spray gun with good results. For ~75 dollars you can get Nason acrylic enamel and the appropriate thinner and have a good, tough paint job. I've done alot of work with Dupont Centari and had great results (shine, toughness, longevity). That's around 150 all said and done. The prices fluctuate based on color, but that's what I'm paying here in the city, probably less for you.