How High Can you lift a comanche before you need extra parts

Also if you want a quick boost ZJ coils or F150 coils will give you a little bit of lift. With a slightly firmer ride with the ZJ coils, and a MUCH firmer ride with the F150s. I'll probably be adding some ZJ coils with my 1.75" spacers sometime soon.

Also if you want a quick boost ZJ coils or F150 coils will give you a little bit of lift. With a slightly firmer ride with the ZJ coils, and a MUCH firmer ride with the F150s. I'll probably be adding some ZJ coils with my 1.75" spacers sometime soon.

He says he already has a 3" lift

He says he already has a 3" lift

Ah.... probably should have read through all that first... :D

what ever you do. don't go in all willy nilly=willy_nilly.gif

even if you have a 3'' lift & coil spacers to add. you will need drop brackets,new sway bar end links, adjustable track bar, extended break lines & maybe steering in time!

I run the Rock Krawler 3 link 6.5'' arms

http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1

the rest of my build i used many different manufacturers that apply to my build much like mnkyboy was saying

rockout.gif

this is mine w 6'' lift on 31x10.50's :no: to small for this much lift

if the jeep is mainly for show but you will do some off roading but nothing crazy just maybe a little mud and hunting trails.

Then stay with your 3'' lift, you will be able to do all that & more. and fab up or get some rock sliders & transfer case skid, new sway bar end links, adjustable track bar, & maybe steering. it will be Bad @$$ MJ.rockout.gif

i am not telling you what to do,

but keep in mind

automan2164

Cheap, and big lift are oxymorons.

There is no such thing.

Just be aware that if you order drop brackets from rocky road it may take awhile to get them.

Its not unheard of to wait more then a month to get parts from them.

also, they may or may not be made quite right.

• 2 months later...

I've never had an issue with RRO, I ordered their high steer kit a few years ago and got to me in a week.

I'm going to use a comanche control arm drop kits i feel its better and safer then longer control arms. :wrench:

When done correctly, long arms are just as safe (if not safer) than short arms with the drop brackets. They also offer a much better ride quality (for 6"+ lifts) and better flex.

Right now I'm running at a measured 8.5" lift. What I'm running right now is a custom built 3 link front long arm system, Rusty's 8.5" front coils, Rusty's Offroad front shocks, RE trackbar for 8" lift with drop bracket and double shear end, and drop pitman arm on the front with the stock 4wd leafs converted to SOA and the IronMan4x4 adjustable 2-3.5" shackles on the rear (cranked all the way down to about 2" of lift). The PO of this truck put on extended brake lines even though the truck wasn't lifted when I bought it.

I'm planning on going down to 4.5" Rusty's front coils, matching shocks, a quality track bar for that lift with double shear end, stock pitman, and keeping with my 3-link long arm for the front and stock 2wd rear leafs (in SOA configuration) and custom shackles on 37" tires later on (pretty much when I can find someone that has the smaller lift to trade).

I would stay away from spacers and blocks, but I prefer to do things once the correct way and not have to worry about it later.