How High Can you lift a comanche before you need extra parts

I was thinking about going with six inch lift and 2 or 3 inch body lift on my 86 jeep comanche but i wanted to know how high i could go before in need some new major parts other then shocks and sway bar links ???????????? thanks :wrench:

where did you get you 6.5 lift at and how much was it ??

mines a hybrid lift meaning its a mixture of parts,Imo thats the best way to do it. Do your homework find out exactly what you need/want and buy what you need to accomplish it.

Well I got a 3 inch lift already and i was wanting to add 2 or 3 inch spacers to my my lift but i didnt know if i would have to buy new control arms or not or pitman arm or something lift that i found these

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjcad.html

and they look like it may put the front end more where it suppose to be before the lift but i wanted more idea's before i lifted it again.

this site has the spaces and control arm and more that i would like to use

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjsus.html

thank you for the help

It doesn't quite sound like your ready to piece together a lift. Visit some sites with quality lift components, and known reputations for a good product, and see what they have for kits. The manufacturers you keep referencing are decent for experienced builders, as they know what is missing and how to make it work. You need something you can unbox, and toss on without worrying about the completeness of it.

Check out Rubicon Express, BDS suspension, Iron Rock, OME...

Don't cut corners. You @$$ will be riding on it. Literally.

Rob

I don't see any way a complete kit for 6.5" lift done correctly will fit in your $700 budget, or even under $1000.

Control arm drop brackets are not a bad idea if your truck does not go off road, or only sees mud and sand off road. They work great as anchors in the rocks with more damage done by the rocks to the brackets than by the brackets to the rocks.

I've got drop brackets and my truck does great offroad. Lots of people use them offroad even in the rocks.

Anything that's gonna contact a drop bracket is also most likely gonna contact a long arm.

I don't know about off the shelf brackets but I know it would take a lot to damage mine.