Four Wheeler of the Year Limited Edition Comanche?

beepbeepmyredjeep

Found this article while I was researching for my Jeep Comanche History site...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ol ... %2C1849488

At the end of the article, it mentions a limited edition "Four Wheeler of the Year Comanche" with a special paint job and trim.

I've read about the limited edition "Street Comanche" here before, but I have never seen any mention of this limited edition run.

Limited 'Four Wheeler of the Year Comanche' edition features:

Premium two-tone sterling metallic and black paint

Black or Mesa fabric interior

Styled wheels with bright trim rings and center hubs

P205/75 black radial tires

Chrome dual side mirrors

Chrome door and tailgate handles

Chrome taillight trim and rear step bumper

All standard equipment features of Comanche X series

Anyone ever see one of these?

Just reading the article and the options listed, it was an 86 Comanche X with a two tone paint job(Black and Silver) and some chrome. It probably did not have any special badging and was more than likely, just something printed on the sticker in the window. Almost sounds like what Larado's looked like in later years. I've seen a couple of pics of the 86 with two tone paint but can't seem to find them at the moment.

:cheers:

Just reading the article and the options listed, it was an 86 Comanche X with a two tone paint job(Black and Silver) and some chrome. It probably did not have any special badging and was more than likely, just something printed on the sticker in the window. Almost sounds like what Larado's looked like in later years. I've seen a couple of pics of the 86 with two tone paint but can't seem to find them at the moment.

There's one on eBay right now that matches this description.

Wow, that might actually be one of the limited editions...

There looks like special logos above the taillights, but there's no up close pic.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11030.m43.l1123/7?euid=279162b660684629ae8377cfc28460e7&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D250799477881%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AB%3AEF%3AMOTORS%3A1123

Unfortunately I can't seem to contact the seller and ask for a better picture.

well theres that command trac feature on it i don't know what that means but that could have something to do with it

command trac just means it has a 231 transfer case.

It does have the PRND21 mounted on the column, very strange unless it was added after market

Wow, that might actually be one of the limited editions...

There looks like special logos above the taillights, but there's no up close pic.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11030.m43.l1123/7?euid=279162b660684629ae8377cfc28460e7&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D250799477881%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AB%3AEF%3AMOTORS%3A1123

Unfortunately I can't seem to contact the seller and ask for a better picture.

Hmm, boulder, that aint too far from me.

Bidding sure has been driven WAY up there.

well theres that command trac feature on it i don't know what that means but that could have something to do with it

command trac just means it has a 231 transfer case.

It does have the PRND21 mounted on the column, very strange unless it was added after market

My old '86 2.8L/Auto had the selector display mounted on the column as well. That darn needle always kept breaking...

My '86 also had the same paint job as the one in that ebay ad, but came with a red interior instead of black. Had it repainted all silver and it looked really sharp. Wish I still had that truck...