bob bed

poor truck :peek:

Taking a saws-all to these things is no big deal. It is not like it is a 25 year old limited production vehicle or something. :hmm:

but taking a sawzall to the bed and leaving it cutoff is a shame. itll be one of thoes damn P/O stories for they guy that buys it. and if you havent noticed they only made these trucks til 92, so its not like there are nearly as many left as xjs. so i stand by my poor truck statement :thwak: you for thinking shoddy work is ok

Taking a saws-all to these things is no big deal. It is not like it is a 25 year old limited production vehicle or something. :hmm:

but taking a sawzall to the bed and leaving it cutoff is a shame. itll be one of thoes damn P/O stories for they guy that buys it. and if you havent noticed they only made these trucks til 92, so its not like there are nearly as many left as xjs. so i stand by my poor truck statement :thwak: you for thinking shoddy work is ok

Sorry about that Cody4359. I agree with you 100%. It was my attempt at sarcastic humor that didnt come out right. These really are 25 year old limited production vehicles and I will never understand why anyone would want to hack them up. It seems it is the first thing a lot of people do. It's especially true with a rust free bed. It is worse than taking a black dash (which as near as I can tell was available for only two years) and painting it spray can red. Or chopping up the door panels to hold a couple of wal mart speakers. I don't get it. :shake:

Sorry about that Cody4359. I agree with you 100%. It was my attempt at sarcastic humor that didnt come out right. These really are 25 year old limited production vehicles and I will never understand why anyone would want to hack them up. It seems it is the first thing a lot of people do. It's especially true with a rust free bed. It is worse than taking a black dash (which as near as I can tell was available for only two years) and painting it spray can red. Or chopping up the door panels to hold a couple of wal mart speakers. I don't get it. :shake:

hey i got it and laughed about it. but one thing about the internet is we don't know you. so a common sarcastic remark is taken as you being a smartass by a few. i do agree with him about doing terrible work. not saying yours is cause i didnt really look at it all that well. but just go back and touch that s**t up. i mean these are great old trucks, while it is yours to with what you want, you should be proud to own one because the Mj was an awsome idea that never really had its hay-day. now with numbers slowly disappearing that MJ you just chopped MIGHT end up as another victim of the JY becuase the next owner doesnt like what you did. maybe not, i don't know, just saying you know. cherish it :thumbsup:

I would like to do this to my 86 if I ever start working on it, but only because the bed on it is soo friggin mangled that I can only see it making it look better. I plan to do it right though too, with a proper regrafting on of the taillight/ tailgate section. It can look good as long as its done right. Maybe you don't have enough body experience to either want to or be able to do it right. I don't know, but I do know these trucks deserve better.

12 inches thats as far as i could go w/o cutting into the shackles. I know its half assed haha selling soon...

:thwak:

Really?? half-assing it cause you plan on getting rid of it? I almost hope no one buys it just for that fact. You should take some pride and responsibility and do it the right way. Great idea, horrible job.

12 inches thats as far as i could go w/o cutting into the shackles. I know its half assed haha selling soon...

:thwak:

Really?? half-assing it cause you plan on getting rid of it? I almost hope no one buys it just for that fact. You should take some pride and responsibility and do it the right way. Great idea, horrible job.

you a$$hole if no1 buys it ill kill it