MJ specific parts

btm24

Ive been tying to think of all parts to look for at any JY that are only MJ specific. This is what I have so far tell me what I missed and ill add it on. Thanks!

Exterior:

Tail lights (harder to find with chrome)

Tail gate any color

Rear bumper

Spare tire carry

Tow hitch

Rear fender flairs

Any rear axle

leaf springs

Brake proportioning valve

Bed

"Comanche" drip in bed liner (long bed or short bed)

Roll bar (long bed or short bed)

Bed cargo light

Gas tank and sending unit

Rear window all three kinds

Cab vents

The trim above the doors

"Comanche" 87-82 and "COMANCHE" 86 emblems

Interior:

All wiring harness cargo light switch

Parking brake foot lever assembly

Air diffuser at the front of the full console

Bench seat

Bucket seats

Full console center piece (no e-brake slot)

Retractor seat belts

carpet

cardboard/carpet backer

rear speaker brackets

Dome lights (with or with out clips)

Rear left and right interior trim panels

Headliner back board

I'm sure that I'm missing things. I'm looking for just MJ specific parts not XJ parts that will also work.. Thanks!

Brandon

the fog lights and fog lights switches can also be found on Cherokees. And the cargo lights switch is the same as a fog switch, but the part with the little white picture representing the cargo light that the switch mounts into would be MJ specific.

also the cardboard/carpet backer behind the seats under the window, the rear window all three kinds, the rear left and right interior trim panels, leaf springs, gas tank and sender, wiring, and that is all I can think of right now.

Definitely bucket seat brackets! The XJ and MJ floors are not the same, and the bucket brackets are a lot harder to come by than the bench brackets, even though both will work for bench to bucket conversion.

Pretty much everything but the dash and steering column on the interiour, and everything from the rear of the door back on the exteriour.

Pretty much an identical D44 was found in XJs, yeah they had shock brackets and different perch locations, and were SOA. But by that logic the D35 is also MJ specific. So I'd just say all rear axles.

Just a technicality anyway :thumbsup:

ok let's throw a blanket statement out...

not considering drivetrain, all parts interior and exterior from the rear of the door jam back including the bumper...except for the rear fender flairs, they also came on the 2 door XJ's....or do you have different information than me :???:

except for the rear fender flairs, they also came on the 2 door XJ's....or do you have different information than me :???:

XJ 2DR and 4DR rear fender flares are the same p/n and neither will fit the MJ rear fender (w/o modification).

Ok now that ive updated it again please pick it apart again to see what if any thing I missed. and hornbrod what is a

Air diffuser at the front of the full console

Thanks!

Brandon

That would be the part that is between the bottom of the knee board and the actual full center console. It is merely just a small piece of plastic, but is crucial to the true center console swap. Whereas the traditional MJ/XJ with the mini console has a black piece with the two holes for vents, the full console version is completely different and will not work with the mini console version. It allows not only airflow to the back of the cab, but also allows the console to butt against the duct work properly.