gear question

not enough of a difference to matter. you're really going to be struggling with the "fun" aspect having that gearing and that much tire. It'll feel real sluggish from a start. Might even try to stall on you. but it should be ok in 4-low. :thumbsup:

yea i figured that i just wanted to make sure it would work because I'm getting it lifted next month and just debating on a 3 or 3.5 inch with 31s or a spring over with 33s i want it to be great offroad but still be fast and have some towing power on road but i am broke so i can't have all that quite yet but i don't really want to pay to do it twice.

3.73 gears with 31" tires has exactly the same final drive ratio as stock tires with 3.55 gears. So going to 33" tires and 3.55 gears is like two steps back -- it'll be approximately like running stock tires with 2.87 gears, or maybe 31" tires with 3.07 gears. Possible, but not pleasant.

98% road 2% off. I plan on offroading maybe once a month but driving in the snow and like dirt road a bit more then that cause of the weather here plus i work on a farm and i drive Highway everyday to work and school. right now i can do like 80 with no prob thats not really important if i can balance it with offroad ability

does anyone have a good picture of a truck with a 3ish inch and 31s or 32s with someone standing next to it or something. i just wanna see how tall it is because the biggest reason for going 4.5 was cause I'm 6 foot 4 and hate bending down so much.

does anyone have a good picture of a truck with a 3ish inch and 31s or 32s with someone standing next to it or something. i just wanna see how tall it is because the biggest reason for going 4.5 was cause I'm 6 foot 4 and hate bending down so much.

Mate, I'm 6'-2" and I HATED my MJ with a 4" lift. The outer edge/corner of the seat was basically destroyed from getting into and out of the truck. I'm MUCH happier after taking out the lift and restoring the suspension to stock height.

I'm scared! I'll be going from 3.07s with 235s to 33s soon enough... :help:

It's mostly flat around here anyway but as I've read 4.0 with stick and 4.10s is great with 33s... I'm hoping to get to that point someday!

Cheer up ... just think of all the wear you WON'T be putting on 5th gear.

It's mostly flat around here anyway but as I've read 4.0 with stick and 4.10s is great with 33s... I'm hoping to get to that point someday!

Eagle is right. Think of it as a 4 speed with an extra gear for future expansion. Similar to a spare memory slot on your computer. :yes:

Eagle is right. Think of it as a 4 speed with an extra gear for future expansion. Similar to a spare memory slot on your computer. :yes:

Think of it as clutch chatter and wear while you are riding it while trying to pull off ! Take it from a guy that has 3.07 gears and 33 tires,and a guy that wants 4.10's so bad he can taste the gear oil.

And unless you cruise at 70 mph you will never need 5th gear.