new pain in the rass !

so far my ''MJ'' was of the best transport ! now a strange trouble started out of the blue - has follows driving along taking foot off of gas and hitting the clutch ,short of stopping -off of the gas ...engine trembles or dies or both but pop the clutch if dieing it starts again like nothing was bad ! so looked over all of most things i know of the MJ ....anybody run in this one before ???

so far my ''MJ'' was of the best transport ! now a strange trouble started out of the blue - has follows driving along taking foot off of gas and hitting the clutch ,short of stopping -off of the gas ...engine trembles or dies or both but pop the clutch if dieing it starts again like nothing was bad ! so looked over all of most things i know of the MJ ....anybody run in this one before ???

You might wanna reword that, I am completely confused

I agree, it's not easy to read. But, I understood that when driving along, if he takes his foot off the gas and presses the clutch, the engine stumbles like it's dying and sometimes does shut off. If he pops the clutch, it'll start back up and run just fine.

Mine does the same thing when cold, but I think it has to do with whatever gives it trouble starting/running before reaching operating temp. And since I haven't figured that out yet, I doubt I'd be much help. Does yours have any trouble starting or does it idle rough when cold?

So what kinda MJ are we talking here? Engine size/year/etc.

Does it idle okay when you stop when its doing this?

its a 2.5 -1989 mj ok she runs good cold /starts no troubles but when you dive hot or cold slow down below 25 mph AT times cuts out -pop the clutch starts again .... yes this is very baffling one i hope this helps a bit more !

If I am understanding the situation right I had a similar issue when the winter started to set in here.

All I did was increase my idle slightly and the problem went away.

Now granted, I probably just compensated for whatever is actually wrong, but I just want to get through the winter. For now I am only working on things that I can't keep limping along until spring. (Like the XJ thats in my garage refusing to start for instance)

heads up from weird running etc! what i found from the fuel filter which was changed last year ,gas etc poured in clean bowl-nice tiny black /silver flakes show up ...ok i know that means .....damn oh yes it gets better ! pull the pump unit - the filter sock had more black /silver flakes but the topper was the hose from the pump to pipe ,its more like a strainer ROTTEN HOSE!! yes all was R & R !!!how sweet is she running again ! so please listen to your MJ ,she will tell you -i have a problem ,fix me please !!i did!

Glad you found the problem. Sometimes in-tank fuel delivery problems are difficult to diagnose and repair. Good job. :cheers:

But just curious for future your posts: Is English a second language for you? Would make it much easier to help you if we knew that. :thumbsup:

Glad you found the problem. Sometimes in-tank fuel delivery problems are difficult to diagnose and repair. Good job. :cheers:

But just curious for future your posts: Is English a second language for you? Would make it much easier to help you if we knew that. :thumbsup:

thank you all ! well the old rules by Bosch still runs true again , check the filter trash -you see black/silver flakes the pump is on the way out .....