Project Camo Restoration

Well I've had this truck since about August 09 and it's been an ongoing project. It is a 1987 Jeep Comanche 4x4 with the 4.0 with the peogout 5 speed. Dana 30 and 44 combo with an NP231. I'm making it little by little. This is my first truck. I've done my floors and replaced some things and have repainted it so far. I have lots of ideas but not so much knowledge or money for them. It'll probably be a never ending project. Here are some changes its been through under my ownership.

When I got the truck.

Under Our carport with some paint on the wheels.

Took care of my floors. Not too bad. Passenger said had barely any. This is drivers.

Getting ready for paint.

Painted. Sitting to dry.

New tires and wheels.

Loaded Down.

Interior Shot.

New Headliner.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with my project. There will be many quesions to come due to a few odds and ends needing to be worked out. Thanks!

Yes, I like camo a lot. I think it looks great and its nice for hunting. At the moment, it's pretty cold and i haven't messed around with the truck, just been driving it. But I'm wanting to pick up my front end about 2 inches but i'm not sure where to start. I need to get my new window trim installed and my windows tinted. I just put in a new stereo and speakers. Lastly, I need to tend to some leaks that I've came to notice and a noisy a/c fan. I think I need a rear main seal and a valve cover gasket and maybe even a new oil pan gasket. The truck was barely run for 5 years straight so I'm not sure if this has been needing done or not. But like I said, I'm not sure where to start or exactly what the problem is. It's not a bad leak, but enough to bother me. It's definitely an addiction. I constantly worry about problems because I want this truck to run forever.

Sitting for 5 years didn't exactly help it but I would clean the back of the motor as best you can and check after a couple days... The 2inch lift isn't that bad at all I did it in my driveway in about 3 hours... You'll find it easier if you spray every nut and bolt with PB blaster for a week :wrench:

Sitting for 5 years didn't exactly help it but I would clean the back of the motor as best you can and check after a couple days... The 2inch lift isn't that bad at all I did it in my driveway in about 3 hours... You'll find it easier if you spray every nut and bolt with PB blaster for a week :wrench:

What'd you do for the lift? I really just wanna pick my front end up.

I'm running 31's. Much improvement over the street tires. And I wish I knew how to lift lol.

It's pretty simple, you can keep the leaf springs under the axle and get a new leafpack for how every much you would like or put the leaf springs on top of the axle and it should net you anywhere from 5-7 inches of lift from stock height. For the front once you go over 3 inches it's recommended you get at least longer lower controls arms, brakelines and a new trackbar... You should get an alignment after any lift and if you need more help just ask :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

It's been a hile since an update. i've gotten all my gaskets and seals changed out. Put in a new water pump and master cylinder. Overall, just been driving it back and forth to school. It's consumed all my money between gas, insurance, and fixing it. Then my truck was broken into, had to change some dash pieces and put a radio in it again, One day I'll put some spacers up front. Also, I'm wanting to swap in some tan buckets and a full console, just can't find anything. Thanks for all the help off this site!

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since I've updated. I've changed my rear main seal, valve cover, and oil pan gasket. I changed my water pump and that about it so far. Got my lift put on last weekend. Pictures will be posted soon. I've been daily driving it to school and work. My next projects will be diff fluids and a seal leaking in the rear :ack:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...