Spring over leveling?

Ok guys I need to level the dump jumper; the specs are

-89 Comanche 4 cyl truck originally now 4.0 stick

-2 wheel drive , may swap it to 4wd

-spring over completed on the rear

I need to level or slightly rake the truck so it's level or nose high a touch. I will get some base measurements tomorrow to the flares, bumper mounts with the nose level to get a idea of lift on the stock tires. I will be looking for some insights on this as I want to get some coils on order soon :)

Seems with the stock tire measuring in at 27.5" tall the bottom of the flare is 38 15/16 approx

Don't measure from the ground. Measure from the center of the axle/hub to the bottem edge of the flare. Stock height for an MJ runs approximately 21-1/2" so with a spring-over I would expect you're at somewhere around 27 inches.

Seems with the stock tire measuring in at 27.5" tall the bottom of the flare is 38 15/16 approx

Don't measure from the ground. Measure from the center of the axle/hub to the bottem edge of the flare. Stock height for an MJ runs approximately 21-1/2" so with a spring-over I would expect you're at somewhere around 27 inches.

looks like 25" from the bottom of the factory flare to the center of the axle shaft

looks like 25" from the bottom of the factory flare to the center of the axle shaft

So you're only talking about approximately a 3-1/2" lift. That's not much for a spring-over conversion. Too bad you didn't take "before" measurements, but ... too late now.

Who else has done a spring-over and kept the stock springs? What are your measurements?

i spring-overed with the stock packs and stock mopar perches and stock shackles and got 5.5" of lift over stock measurements i found from an old post by EAGLE

i thought stock height was 19.5 rear? you sure on that 21.5?

edit: after searching a little i tracked down an old post claiming 20.5" stock rear height?

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23049&hilit=lift+height+measurement

and yet another thread claiming 19" rear

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9737&p=119990&hilit=lift+height+measurement#p119990

why don't we have a stock truck height measurment party and then average the results for a bonafide 20yr old saggy spring 4x4 rear height measurement.

there are really only 3 different heights for MJs. 2wd, 4wd (1 inch taller), and the metric ton models seem to be a hair taller than their regular MJ counterparts due to the stiffer springs. but there were multiple spring part numbers used with minor differences (i.e 2.5L coils didn't have to hold up as much weight as 4.0L coils).

The problem I have with my MJ is that when I got it it was kind of a cluster fawk MJ,.. It's a 2.5 4cyl truck with a 4.0L swapped in,.. now add the fact it had two different coils in the front the rear I can't really guess what else has been swapped and chopped on this poor little ba$tard,.. comanche.gif

What are the axle center lines for all the models?