New here/ my MJ caught fire!

over2land

Yeah, its the one that was built in JP Mag, and I am Pete.

If you call Alcan, tell Charles that you want the springs that Pete at JP got... he said he'd keep records.

Is it me, or do random posts dissapear and reappear on here from time to time...?

I think I'm going to see if I get any bites as it is, so if anyone is interested or knows anyone... let me know.

Here are the details of the truck.

It's an '88 Comanche Eliminator.

manual windows, manual mirrors, headlight delay, lighted vanity mirror (not installed), 4.0L I-6, 5-speed manual transmission (Peugot BA 10/5), 2WD, AC, shortbed, bucket seats, full console.

Stuff I added:

Front end:

TnT Customs Y-link long arm kit

Fabtech Dirt Logic 10 inch 2.25 remote resevoir shocks with JKS bar pin eliminators and Fabtech pin style mount eliminators (its a eye-eye style shock)

JKS adjustable track bar

JKS quicker disconnects

Fabtech 4 inch coils

Fabtech adjustable coil spacers

Currie Enterprises HD tie rod and drag link kit.

Rock Krawler Suspension 1 inch drop pitman arm

Rock Krawler Suspension long flexible brake lines

High pinion non vacuum disconnect Dana 30 from an 88 Cherokee with:

4.56 Precision Gears with all new bearings, professionally setup at Off Road Unlimited

Detroit Trutrac

New seals and brakes (about 10K miles on them)

Rear end:

Alcan Custom Springs (approximately 5 inches of lift)

Rock Krawler Suspension 1.5 to 2.5 inch lift XJ Boomerang shackles

Fabtech Dirt Logic 12 inch 2.25 remote resevoir shocks

Dana 44 rear end with 4.56 Precision Gears all new bearings and seals, professionally setup at Off Road Unlimited

New shoes and drums (about 10 K miles on them)

Misc:

New speedo gear with 32 teeth (correct gear for 4.56 and 33's)

trimmed front fenders for 35 inch tire clearance, no contact.

trimmed rear fenders for same, but some minimal contact with 35s

Fabtech bed mounted spare tire mount with lock

New 3 core radiator from radiators.com - looks ok, isn't leaking coolant.

Optima red top battery

front tow hooks

2-inch rear receiver hitch with locking pin and receiver mounted shackle mount

black flares swapped on in place of body color flares.

New headlight switch

eliminated the closed style cooling system with a real overflow bottle and diverter valve modifications

On Edit:

Its also got M.O.R.E. bombproof motor mounts

Nice looking truck even with the burnt hood. I would keep it and fix it but if you really want to part it out, I have dibs on the rear springs and axel! :D

Where did you get the rear springs at?

Thanks man, yours is a nice looking one too.

I really wanted to do the 97 and up conversion on this one...

Nice looking truck even with the burnt hood. I would keep it and fix it but if you really want to part it out, I have dibs on the rear springs and axel! :D

Where did you get the rear springs at?

Thanks man, yours is a nice looking one too.

I really wanted to do the 97 and up conversion on this one...

The 97 front conversion is really simple to do. Just don't buy aftermarket parts buy factory.

My MJ is still under construction and has a long way to go. I have hopes of installing the TNT y-link and 33's on mine but I am building my house right now and just found out last month that baby number 2 is on his way, so extra money is going other places. :D

Can you get me some good pictures of the Y-link set up?

I say rewire it, and cal it good. If not sell it to me cheap and I will build another rig :brows:

I thought you already had too many?

Thats kinda like having to much money or luck... there is no such thing :brows: It would just mean I would have to sell something :eek: or build a bigger garage :hmm: I think I would end up building a bigger garage :D

Yeah, its the one that was built in JP Mag, and I am Pete.

If you call Alcan, tell Charles that you want the springs that Pete at JP got... he said he'd keep records.

Is it me, or do random posts dissapear and reappear on here from time to time...?

I think I'm going to see if I get any bites as it is, so if anyone is interested or knows anyone... let me know.

Here are the details of the truck.

It's an '88 Comanche Eliminator.

manual windows, manual mirrors, headlight delay, lighted vanity mirror (not installed), 4.0L I-6, 5-speed manual transmission (Peugot BA 10/5), 2WD, AC, shortbed, bucket seats, full console.

Stuff I added:

Front end:

TnT Customs Y-link long arm kit

Fabtech Dirt Logic 10 inch 2.25 remote resevoir shocks with JKS bar pin eliminators and Fabtech pin style mount eliminators (its a eye-eye style shock)

JKS adjustable track bar

JKS quicker disconnects

Fabtech 4 inch coils

Fabtech adjustable coil spacers

Currie Enterprises HD tie rod and drag link kit.

Rock Krawler Suspension 1 inch drop pitman arm

Rock Krawler Suspension long flexible brake lines

High pinion non vacuum disconnect Dana 30 from an 88 Cherokee with:

4.56 Precision Gears with all new bearings, professionally setup at Off Road Unlimited

Detroit Trutrac

New seals and brakes (about 10K miles on them)

Rear end:

Alcan Custom Springs (approximately 5 inches of lift)

Rock Krawler Suspension 1.5 to 2.5 inch lift XJ Boomerang shackles

Fabtech Dirt Logic 12 inch 2.25 remote resevoir shocks

Dana 44 rear end with 4.56 Precision Gears all new bearings and seals, professionally setup at Off Road Unlimited

New shoes and drums (about 10 K miles on them)

Misc:

New speedo gear with 32 teeth (correct gear for 4.56 and 33's)

trimmed front fenders for 35 inch tire clearance, no contact.

trimmed rear fenders for same, but some minimal contact with 35s

Fabtech bed mounted spare tire mount with lock

New 3 core radiator from radiators.com - looks ok, isn't leaking coolant.

Optima red top battery

front tow hooks

2-inch rear receiver hitch with locking pin and receiver mounted shackle mount

black flares swapped on in place of body color flares.

New headlight switch

eliminated the closed style cooling system with a real overflow bottle and diverter valve modifications

On Edit:

Its also got M.O.R.E. bombproof motor mounts

That is one nice setup on the manche.. Yall did great on this thing. You have to much work into this thing just to sell it over some wiresz and plastic needing replaced..IMO you should start a rebuild of the engine compartment and do a real nice write up in JP about it :brows: With all the guys on here that are so knowlegdable(???spelling???) about MJS you shouldnt have any questions that can't be answered. I know how bad rewire jobs can be but you can make a much simpler wire harness to eliminate the unused wires. But anyway goodluck with everything and Welcome to the Club...

Cole

Its like Pong said:

Thats kinda like having to much money or luck... there is no such thing :brows:

Problem is, I've got no luck (see pictures on first page) and even less money... which is why I'm thinking of selling it.

John, I've got tons of pictures of everything... I'll put some up later today. And, its an ongoing arguement at work about that conversion. I'm convinced, you might have to drill a few holes for the supports from the fenders/front clip to the radiator support... but otherwise it should be bolt up. OH, and the latches for the doors... The inside, I just dunno.... but outside looks way easy. Others aren't so sure. They argue the a-pillars are different, the hoods are different.... the underlying structure is different... blah blah blah.

I should mention... to whoever is thinking of buying it... I'll burn a CD or two of all the pics I've got of the truck and include the pictures with it.

Its like Pong said:

Thats kinda like having to much money or luck... there is no such thing :brows:

Problem is, I've got no luck (see pictures on first page) and even less money... which is why I'm thinking of selling it.

John, I've got tons of pictures of everything... I'll put some up later today. And, its an ongoing arguement at work about that conversion. I'm convinced, you might have to drill a few holes for the supports from the fenders/front clip to the radiator support... but otherwise it should be bolt up. OH, and the latches for the doors... The inside, I just dunno.... but outside looks way easy. Others aren't so sure. They argue the a-pillars are different, the hoods are different.... the underlying structure is different... blah blah blah.

I should mention... to whoever is thinking of buying it... I'll burn a CD or two of all the pics I've got of the truck and include the pictures with it.

The front clip bolts right on. There are a few differences but nothing you can't make work. The hood is the same. The 97 plus doors have a different latch type but can be made to work. As soon as I get my hands on some i'll post some pics. AKcomanche did an interior conversion but kept the 84-96 doors.

How much $ are you asking????

I'm asking 4K or best offer. If I'm off my rocker, that's what the or best offer is for. Tell me I'm off my rocker, and what you'd think is a fair price. (if you are thinking about making an offer, please PM and we can go from there :cheers: )

Here are some under hood shots that you all have been waiting for.

For anyone thinking of buying it, here's some interior shots too.

And an overall as it now sits.

After looking at those pictures...

It also has a custom bent exhaust with a big block (lots of catalyst) cat on it (its passed smog the last two years. Barely registered on the sniffer both times. And its got a 70 series flowmaster muffler... really quiet inside, but sound good outside the truck.

I thought I mentioned...

I did smell gas but then replaced the o rings on the injectors a few months ago and stopped that problem.

The guys on the Jeepspeed board are saying that the injectors are known to leak. Not just the o rings, but the injectors themselves. You guys hear anything about that?

Doesn't look that bad to me, considering it was a fire. Nothing a run to the pull-your-part junkyard couldn't replace. Then top if off with the 97+ frontend and you're good to go. :D

As good as it looks... considering (I agree...I was kinda amazed that it was so isolated. I guess random dousings with a huge fire extinguisher and water before cutting the hood actually helped)... I just can't take the gamble and have it not work out. So, I'm hoping someone else wants to get a great MJ cause I'm too chickensh*t to take the leap.

If you decide to put it back together I will donate a renix style FI intake and all the parts for that side.... I don't have a wiring harness laying around other wise i would donate that to you as well.

DC is right a simple weekend and a front half wiring harness and you will be back in buisness. The hard parts are not even probrably hurt.

The injectors that came on the 4.0 are notorious for leaking.. thats why most ppl upgrade to the 19LB 5.0 injectors... besides that they are cheaper.

• 3 months later...