Renix Dash Clock 1987 Low Miles

91coMANche

That is a 88 i think. Here is a helpfull link for any body who wants to know if the clock will work with there truck.

http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoDashClock.htm

Brandon

Thanks for the link. The on I am selling uses a black plug and came from a model 87 year truck so you're right it probably is an 88+ device. It has 5 pins in the black plug.

It was $20 shipped and it was darn clean.

I just bought another clock that should fit my truck for $20 shipped.

$20shipped is basically the standard price for these things (outside of the junkyard - I don't own a junkyard).

If anyone else needs a 1990 or earlier clock let me know.

very cool sounds like next time I go to the JY Ill be Keeping my eye out for them :D thanks

Brandon

Not unless you're rejuvenating your Manche like I am...I have quadruples of so many things...junkyard is "ok" but buying online or through eBay is a little nicer because you get no surprises. Junkyard doesn't mean it works and usually means its been sitting in the rain when a door is open, window is broken, or windshield is cracked from the rain. I'd stay away from the junkyard for electronics.

It was $20 shipped and it was darn clean.

I just bought another clock that should fit my truck for $20 shipped.

$20shipped is basically the standard price for these things (outside of the junkyard - I don't own a junkyard).

If anyone else needs a 1990 or earlier clock let me know.

Got it and put it in, clock works, but light doesn't to make it visible. Replaced bulb, but no luck. Any suggestions, anyone?

I'm really sorry about that. If nobody can figure it out I wouldn't have a problem sending you another one. Again, sorry about that I had no way of testing the clock since I can't plug it into my harness.

The only suggestion I can make, which I make with all bulb related problems is to make sure the bulb is in there firm and to tweak up the tabs on the little twisty socket so it makes good contact.

I know, not your fault. The one in it was burned out it looked like (black inside anyway), so replaced it with one of the ones I use for my instrument cluster. Didn't work. Tweaked the contacts. Didn't work. Got the bulbs it calls for to make sure. Still no light. Bulb seems to snap into the socket just fine. Installed it anyway, because light shining on it lets me see it.

Possibilities that I see:

The socket is bad (looks different than the ones from the instrument cluster from what I remember of it).

Could there be two receptacles in the wiring harness behind the clock that will plug in to the clock, and I have the wrong one; lets the clock work but not the light?????? As tight as it is back there, that will be another day!!!!

Make sure your harness has the same number of wires too. Possibly check to see if your harness plug pins are in the same place as the pins on the clock.

I will check better the location of the wires in the dash receptacle IRT the clock plug. It plugged in just fine. Really had to fish around in there to find it. Was about to give up thinking maybe there wasn't one. But the clock is working and in the daylight I can see it because of the outside light, but in the dark when I need the light ... Does the light work off of the dash light system, or is it an always on light?

Hey streetjeep2.5, if you have not seen this look at this write-up http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoDashClock.htm, you can identify which clock you have and which wires do what then go from there. Sounds like the Ignition ON Input is bad.

Thanks! I am ASSuming because it doesn't really say the second from the left is the specific to 87 clock, which is what mine looks like. I will check the location of all the wires on the harness in comparison to the lead on the clock. Could be one off or something.

Thanks again!

I have other clocks that I haven't listed yet if anyone needs one...I just need to get a chance to look at them and post them up. Unfortunate for me they are all going to be the same as what I just sold and won't fit 91-92 Manches.

I could use one for a 88 myself

• 2 weeks later...

Archived