never going back to manual

JeepcoMJ

windows and locks that is. I'm 4 for 4 on my most recent vehicles having power windows and locks (and cruise). makes life a WHOLE lot easier...and I'd rather fix one when it fails, than deal with a slowlly and steadily failing manual window regulator.

anyone else feel the same?

Yup.

My last flip jeep was a manual door lock and manual window XJ. Soooo nice just to hit the "lock" button when you get home, and not go around to all the doors and check.

Keyless entry is nice too.

yes, keyless is even better...had it on my work vans, never got around to getting the remote programmed on the '97 that I sold, my '87 will have it with the '99 conversion finished, though...

That's one of the reasons I'm doing the '97 conversion. I desperately wanted power windows and door locks and now I get that and keyless entry, power mirrors, cruise control, etc. Having not had any of those things in a while, its going to feel like a luxury automobile.

That's one of the reasons I'm doing the '97 conversion. I desperately wanted power windows and door locks and now I get that and keyless entry, power mirrors, cruise control, etc. Having not had any of those things in a while, its going to feel like a luxury automobile.

add cruise, then you'll understand luxury lol...

power windows and locks? cruise control? Did I stumble into a cadillac forum?

LOL I had power windows, locks, and mirrors on my first MJ. It was nice but I got frustrated when the windows slowed way down one winter. I kinda like the manual windows and locks I have now. K.I.S.S. If I need a door locked or unlocked or the other window rolled up or down I just reach across. It is nice to be 6' with a wingspan to match. lol Now AC is one I can't live without......

Yup.

My last flip jeep was a manual door lock and manual window XJ. Soooo nice just to hit the "lock" button when you get home, and not go around to all the doors and check.

Keyless entry is nice too.

yes, keyless is even better...had it on my work vans, never got around to getting the remote programmed on the '97 that I sold, my '87 will have it with the '99 conversion finished, though...

I had keyless entry, untill I let my mother borrow my Jeep and she lost the primary set of keys. I'm pretty sure she managed to throw them out in the trash.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Owning a dog that has ADD and can't figure out whether or not he wants to stick his head out the window or lay down makes power windows absolutely essential on every vehicle that I own, especially with the frigid temperatures right now.

Power door locks are okay. I don't lock my vehicle too often when I'm at home, but it's nice to have them, as well as keyless entry, when I'm down visiting my GF in a not so trustworthy area.

I went ahead and really spoiled myself with the latest acquisition of a '98ZJ 5.9L Limited with every option available in a ZJ. Now I have heated, power leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, shifter, and transfer case selector, power mirrors, sunroof, radio controls on the steering wheel, seating position memory, auto-dim rearview mirror, and a 150 watt infinity gold sound system. Basically, a lot more things to go wrong :D

Basically, a lot more things to go wrong :D

so true :hateputers:

A sacrifice I'm willing to make to bask in the many luxuries of this vehicle. As long as the fixes aren't expensive or difficult in nature, I don't mind too much. As of right now, I have a lot of random, quirky electrical problems like my side mirrors randomly moving down at any given time (dirty contacts in the mirror, common problem), my heated seats don't work (broken wire under the seat - common problem), my dashboard backlighting flickers from the dim to bright setting (headlight switch is bad, common problem), my vehicle information center (VIC) randomly says my coolant temperature sensor is bad (cold solder joint on the VIC, common problem), my sunroof randomly refuses to open (bad solder connection on control board, common problem).

So, as you can see, many of the 12 year old electrical luxuries have failed. I used some of these issues to drive the sellers price down, tho, so I think it worked out in my favor since only one of those (headlight switch) is going to cost me any money.

Oh yes. Cruise, tilt steering, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, auto dim mirror with temp/compass, and AC is how I am building my 99 conversion.

My rubi was the first auto dim mirrored rig I drove. Now I can't live without it. I get very frustrated when driving the XJ at night...

Oh yes. Cruise, tilt steering, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, auto dim mirror with temp/compass, and AC is how I am building my 99 conversion.

My rubi was the first auto dim mirrored rig I drove. Now I can't live without it. I get very frustrated when driving the XJ at night...

This one and intermittent wipers are two that I'm looking forward too!

Telescoping columns are nice, too.

And while there is more $#!& to go wrong, I don't really mind...replacing a window regulator takes the same amount of work no matter what way you look at it.

I'm loving my $200 crown vic with all it's power options...and real excited to finish the utility mj and have every option it has, too (though, I've had every option on it for a couple years anyways...)

BLA!!! I'd rather have manual windows and locks any day. Less hassle to deal with when something goes wrong. Besides, my wife has a L.E. Liberty for the luxury.

it literally takes the same amount of work to replace a power vs. a manual window regulator. and power door locks fail few and far between.

Let's see. Creature comforts installed in the original base no options 91:

Power windows, locks, mirrors, driver seat, antenna

Homelink

Cruise

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Delay wipers

Dual auto cooling fans

Remote CD/AM/FM

Vanity visors

Ambient dash temp display

BLA!!! I'd rather have manual windows and locks any day. Less hassle to deal with when something goes wrong. Besides, my wife has a L.E. Liberty for the luxury.

Cop out. None of this stuff goes wrong if installed right. L.E Liberty luxury? :yes: