NOS Factory rear bumper

ryno56

Stopped into the stealership today. (I drove a friend to pick up his '08 cummins after getting it's 2ND replacement tranny). And just decided to ask the parts guy "what are the chances you could find me a rear bumper for a comanche?" So he looks it up...

Apparently White Rock BC has a complete assembly (brackets, endcaps, everything) IN STOCK! He says it's the only one in North America. $375 + 10% transfer fee + freight. :( No I didn't get it. I can't justify it. So if anyone lives near White Rock, go get it before I break down and buy it.

Every one I've heard of in the dealers network so far have been false alarms.

There have been a few guys here with access to the system that had leads, and they were all duds.

I 'found' some a few years ago, put the order in, and it was canceled a few days later when the bumper wasn't really in the system.

It's possible it's really there,

but there seem to be alot of 'ghosts in the machine' when it comes to MJ parts in the dealer network.

(I drove a friend to pick up his '08 cummins after getting it's 2ND replacement tranny).

I had to laugh at this :clapping:

True. They rebuilt the first one and it didn't even last 10k.

stock rebuilds are not a good idea. like polishing a turd. have to get the trans built right with improved parts. Have him check out Goerends Transmission out of Iowa.

i was on a mopar parts website that claimed to have rollbars in stock for 173$ :rotf: yeah right!

they also had (claimed to have) other holy grails like red/black/chrome trimmed taillights however many you want.

After reading this thread, I ran a list of part numbers (including the back bumper & taillights) through one of the online parts searches,

and got a hit on the bumper (also got a hit on one of the chrome trimmed taillights).

I put the order in just to see.........

and got this on my order status today:

Order Status Details Order Date: 12/4/10

Description Qty Price Core Price Total Price

OEM Catalog

BUMPER REAR STEP BLA 1 $202.07 $0.00 --.--

Sub Total $0.00

Tax $0.00

Shipping $26.27

Handling Fee $0.00

Total $26.27

View Other Orders

Credit Card Transactions

Date Charge Type Charge Amount

12/04/2010 11:02 PM Authorization $228.34

Total Credit Card Charges: $0.00

Supplier Comments:

12/06/10 8:44 AM - THIS IS A DISCONTINUED BUMPER FROM CHRYSLER, IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, THIS ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR BANK WILL RELEASE THE HOLD ON THIS AMOUNT AFTER A FEW BUSINESS DAYS, WE HAVE NOT CHARGED YOUR CARD, THANK YOU

It does s*ck, since a few years ago there was still a bunch of this stuff left (not bumpers tho).

ryno56,

how far did you get with the phone call?

I sent a parts request email last night and I got this response this afternoon:

"The rear bumper for your 1990 Jeep Comanche has

been discontinued...but I do happen to have a new one in stock,the list price is

$339.00 but if your interested you can have it for $100.00.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Cliff @ Haley's White Rock Dodge"

Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod!!! My hands started shaking.

I gave him a call and he says sure enough he went and looked at the box. He's like "we're never gonna sell it." HA! If he knew what I know.... It's shipping out tomorrow. I forgot to ask if its black or Chrome but who cares.

So, that's how I made out. :clapping: :jump:

Lucky. Hey, if you for any reason decide to sell, I have a certain Hunter Green Eliminator that will need one in the next couple years for resto purposes.

Rob L. 8)

I just may. I haven't decided the route I'm going with mine yet. I was going to build a bumper but never got around to it. And I don't plan on a resto, So we'll see. You're first on the list, Rob :thumbsup:

I hope its not a fey.

Lucky. Hey, if you for any reason decide to sell, I have a certain Hunter Green Eliminator that will need one in the next couple years for resto purposes.

Rob L. 8)

I just may. I haven't decided the route I'm going with mine yet. I was going to build a bumper but never got around to it. And I don't plan on a resto, So we'll see. You're first on the list, Rob :thumbsup:

I hope its not a fey.

Thanks mang.

He's rough, but there's a good truck under all that rust.

30819_119957774708385_100000824882082_109065_6109619_n.jpg

30819_119957778041718_100000824882082_109066_4340449_n.jpg

Rob L.

I live 20 minutes from white rock are you going to go get this?

Yep! It's already on it's way to me. I'm glad (for me) you didn't see this thread sooner.

I just recently got a NOS Chrome Bumper assembly. I had to pay more than $100 for it though. I would probably trade for a black one though cause its going to be the only chrome on this truck. Congrats on the find.

I saw yours in your build thread a while ago. You never mentioned whether it was NOS or not so I thought it was used or repro or re-chromed or something. Nice find for you too! Again, I'm not sure whether this one is black or chrome, I'll find out when it gets here. (I don't want to ask and spoil the surprise).

IT'S HERE!!!!! :banana:

obviously been kicking around for awhile

proof of what it cost me

It's BLACK!!! Just what I needed

a bit of damage.. not too bad considering it's age

everything included

I'm not gonna put it on 'til spring, after the lift and maybe new paint.

I'm so stoked jamminz.gif

Amazing!!! Its so sad that this is the last NOS rear bumper out ther. Gonna look good. Make sure u be nice to her!

Brandon

Truthfully, I'm a little scared to put it on my crappy, rusted frame. Although I guess that means I have to make my frame less rusty... and crappy.

That looks just like my NOS bumper sitting on the shelf. Same scratches on the caps and all. I got mine for about the same price as you. I am not sure if I will ever run it. I might just hang onto it for a few more years and sale it for stupid money on EBay.

I have some rusty stock brackets on there right now after I cut this rusted junk off... had to torch the bolts out.

one of the PO's welded up a redneck hitch and actually welded part of the old brackets to the frame. That's a job for spring too. Winter sucks!