Sometimes you just gotta know when to let go.

jimoshel

As everybody pretty well knows by now, I am a dedicated Jeep nut. Probably owned over 70-75 of them in my life. Got over 2 dozen in the yard now. Gone to the extreme to keep them running and on the road, but sometimes you just got to admit defeat. I got 1975 J20, 360, 4spd that I been using for snow plowing. I've had it for maybe 12 years now. Probably gets 8-9 miles to the gallon of gas and 60-70 miles to a qt of oil. When it gets hot you can't shift the tranny without shutting off the engine first.This afternoon I went out to prepare it for the winter and couldn't get it started. Tried everything and it just wouldn't fire. So sadly, monday morning I'm going to get my pistol and put a bullet thru the hood and then to the salvage yard.Any body want a set of Dana's? they're the only things on it still good. And the grill, which I already removed. Taps, gently playing in the background. :USAflag:

Finally got PB to work,sort of. Floor boards rusted out. Steel plate welded in place. Rust along bottom of bed. This was a farm truck when I got it so it has been pretty well trashed out.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

So one guy says bye to jeeps and now all the crazies come out the wood works and jump on the band wagon , well it makes me sick !

:fool:

Not really. Jim is saying good bye to this single Jeep not all Jeeps as you are referring. I think you deserve the

So one guy says bye to jeeps and now all the crazies come out the wood works and jump on the band wagon , well it makes me sick !

Not really. Jim is saying good bye to this single Jeep not all Jeeps as you are referring. I think you deserve the

O ok thanks for clearing that up for me ! :shake: , glad we straightened that out.

This is ridiculous. After getting the J20 loaded on the trailer I just looked at it. It occurred to me that out of over a hundred vehicles that I have scrapped, all makes, all types none was ever a Jeep. It is now sitting in a far corner of the field. Any body want to buy it or any parts from it? Jim

This is ridiculous. After getting the J20 loaded on the trailer I just looked at it. It occurred to me that out of over a hundred vehicles that I have scrapped, all makes, all types none was ever a Jeep. It is now sitting in a far corner of the field. Any body want to buy it or any parts from it? Jim

How much?

Why not just throw it on Craigslist and see what you can get for it?

I can get $450 for it as scrap. $400 and it's yours. And you ain't gonna believe this. I got to thinking about the fact that I very seldom give up, at least not without one helluva fight. Went back out to it with jumper cables and a couple tools. After 10 minutes fooling with it it fired, sputtered for 10-15 seconds and ran great. Figures. :dunno: