Rubicon Express

Considering what your getting, seems reasonable. I placed a jack on top of my axle and and the floor of my MJ.I then jacked it up until I had 5.5 inches of clearance. Cut a 4X4 into 2 pieces 5.5 inches long and placed them between the top of the axle and the frame. Then removed the jack. Rides a little rough but didn't cost no $1000.

Problem with RE is they are way over priced,for far less then $1200 you could put together the same lift.

That kit is basically what's under my mj except mines an inch taller and I have adjustable uppers/lowers with flex joints,I'm not even close to $1200

Problem with RE is they are way over priced,for far less then $1200 you could put together the same lift.

That kit is basically what's under my mj except mines an inch taller and I have adjustable uppers/lowers with flex joints,I'm not even close to $1200

went to the site u got urs from,

got every thing i wanted and then some,

grand total with shipping was 1100 :D

and that comes with everything,

I'm thinkin I'm going there, bit more resonable,

the 6` kit from them was about $600 with shipping,

but i put lots of the upgrades on :P

Mine would be hard for you to price out as its a mixture of stuff.

The original kit was an rro kit which is now on my xj.

I have RC 6.5" coils I found on ebay $90 iirc

RC adj uppers and lowers w/6 flex joints,$300 at hell creek

RRO track bar (for now) came in kit but about $120

RRO soa kit $110 you could do this much cheaper

Chevy 2wd brake lines $25

RRO long travel shocks $125

I made my own drop brackets,so you would have to figure that out.

I also made my own sway bar discos

Now that's about what I payed,I'm sure prices have changed a little

You can go longarm for that money,

if you like RE stuff (I do), then use their ft coils, with a 'long arm upgrade' kit of your choosing + a track bar kit.

Grab some good sway disconnects (JKS), whatever shocks you can afford after dropping all that coin, and SOA the rear.

Done. (well, then you should do steering, upgrade the axles, get a hula girl doll for the dash, tires....)

Would I?

No.

I have mixed feelings about RE. Ran their kit on my TJ (8 adjustable CAs, front/rear TB, coils, brake lines). Only the coils and front TB remain. Parts kept failing regularly (1-3months) and a brake line burst (from the inside out) on me in a college town on game day. They did a good job and sending me bushings every 3 months (for a year) until I sold the arms. The coils have a great ride and match my OME shocks great. I have 70K miles on my RE coils and they have sagged down to a nice 3"s from 3.5"s.

I do not believe there is any 'perfect' or 'best' out of the box lift. Build to suite. Buy used parts when possible (budget for new joints/bushings) to save cash.

Nope, piece together your own lift... I've been doing so for the past year and I've spent 500 for everything up front for 4.5-6 now I need SOA stuff and tires... Eventually I'll go longarms when I can afford it but until then I'll deal with my onroad handling