Who has GoodYear MTR's?

JohnQ

why r they so damn expensive

Cause they say Goodyear on the sidewall. Anything GY makes is overpriced, but they have a great marketing dept. Now if they would only spend some money to make good tires instead of good commercials.....

Dirty is correct, they are a ALL TERRAIN tire. not a mud tire.

Even so a mud tire needs to be spun a bit to throw out the goo. You needed a bit more wheel speed. Sounded like you bounced off the rev limiter, use a higher gear and go! Not to aweful, only a couple tries and you where out!!! Its all good!!!

It looked like mighty stiky mud.

Dirty is correct, they are a ALL TERRAIN tire. not a mud tire.

Even so a mud tire needs to be spun a bit to throw out the goo. You needed a bit more wheel speed. Sounded like you bounced off the rev limiter, use a higher gear and go! Not to aweful, only a couple tries and you where out!!! Its all good!!!

It looked like mighty stiky mud.

Every time I go wheeling I learn something new. I bought the MTR's mainly for the street wear. They do great in everything but Mud! I still have plans of buying something better for the trail.

I know a few ppl who run the MTR's, and they either love them.. or hate them.. there is no in between from what I have found. Personally for the price... TSL's

I'm thinking about getting a set of BFG mud terrains.

Anyone want a set of 315/75/16 MTR's with about 9000 miles on them?

MT/R's suck in the mud from what I've seen here in the midwest. Overpriced and overrated.

Reason they're so expensive, they were released when the market was ripe for a new MT and the hype was high. Prices have never really come down much on them.

I've seen them wear pretty fast on the road too, I wouldn't buy them for miles. The same soft compound that helps in the rocks, hurts the mileage.

BFG m/ts are blah. They're what I run...

I'm probably going to give MTR's a shot as I can get a set of 37s for a reasonable price.

You'll be back to the BFG's after trying the MTR's!!

Like it or not, BFG's are THE tire all others are judged by. For a street/trail tire. If offroad only, SWAMPERS RULE!!!

BTW, I have seen a couple adds for 37" MTR's for $199 Each!!

• 2 weeks later...
BFG m/ts are blah. They're what I run...

I'm probably going to give MTR's a shot as I can get a set of 37s for a reasonable price.

You'll be back to the BFG's after trying the MTR's!!

Like it or not, BFG's are THE tire all others are judged by. For a street/trail tire. If offroad only, SWAMPERS RULE!!!

Doubt it. The BFGs don't suit this area. That and I ate two sidewalls on the last trip. I run rock/logs/snow/mild dirt. Most of which the BFGs hate.

I was going to get a set of (new) TSLs, but yeah, too poor.

my wheelin buddy runs 37/12.5/15 mtrs on his toyota and i think they perfrom awesome. they do do their best on the rocks but i havent seen anything really poor in the mud. they also show almost no sign of wear after about 3 years of road use. the tires are pretty expensive though.