are these parts stock?

When i purchased my MJ i never really looked at the underside of the truck. today i had my transmission serviced and i got to poke around under there. i noticed that i have a skid plate in the front and a steering stabilizer shock mounted up as well as an adjustable track bar. also i have a skid plate mounted under my gas tank. my MJ is a 1987 pioneer with the 4.0 I6. so are these parts stock or after market parts added by a previous owner?

I've got a stock Skid plate up front. Nothing you can bang up against rocks, but it will protect steering components from a Jeep and German Shepard Impact at 55. (Happend to me last week)

that sucks i would feel horrible if i ever hit a dog , i felt horrible when i witnessed it happening and now I'm scarred

as far as i can tell the track bar is black. might be a different color under all that dirt, grease and oil. the skid plate in the front is pretty darn thick thats what made me think that it might be after market. i have owned several other full size trucks that were not equipped with a steering stabilizer and thats why i thought it was kind of cool to see one mounted up on my comanche. by the way.. does anyone know of a double shock steering stabilizer for comanches?

Image Not Found

stole that image from CWs post a while back...

think i might've been thinkin of the wrong "bar" what is that thats bolted to it?

well crap, now that i think about it that one isnt stock either. haha. Dirty is right, no adjustment available in the stock track bar.

As to the other parts, the steering stabilizer was stock. The factory offered a front skid and a gas tank skid as factory options, but they weren't stock on all MJs. The front skid is especially heavy.

I had them on my MJ, and the front skid made its way to my last XJ. I needed a jack to get it into place. It wasn't as well made as it was heavy. One good stump impact at the lower edge, and it was bent up making it nearly impossible to access the steering components.

Image Not Found

stole that image from CWs post a while back...

think i might've been thinkin of the wrong "bar" what is that thats bolted to it?

well crap, now that i think about it that one isnt stock either. haha. Dirty is right, no adjustment available in the stock track bar.

Its that a TJ????

The frame end mount for the trac bar certainly isn't XJ/MJ.

As to the other parts, the steering stabilizer was stock. The factory offered a front skid and a gas tank skid as factory options, but they weren't stock on all MJs. The front skid is especially heavy.

I had them on my MJ, and the front skid made its way to my last XJ. I needed a jack to get it into place. It wasn't as well made as it was heavy. One good stump impact at the lower edge, and it was bent up making it nearly impossible to access the steering components.

I hate those skids. First thing I do when dealing with one is to get out the angle grinder and cut all the bolts/mounting tabs. Then it goes in the scrap pile.