late but better then never 89 pioneer 2wd soon 4wd

btm24

you can hear your engine knock alot better haha

well that is not very good lol thanks about the hood vents I really like the look but more then that it cools the engine. And cooling is such a problem In Florida :( dose it effect the heat for the cab?

Brandon

oh and thanks to this now I am looking into one of these:http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27111

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so the PO said it was from Ohio so thats where all the rust came from :fs1: don't worry about the rear bumper I just got my money so ill be getting a nice built bumper very soon. And a lot of other things very soon so you will be seeing a lot of updates :D

Brandon

what rust?

Well when I went out and looked for rust the other day I found 5 rust holes :( Here are some pic's of the rust:

in side that hole

All of the bed rust will be fixed soon and the rust along the rear fender flairs will be fixed asa I get them trimmed 1" in the next few weeks.

Before getting into some of the major stuff, I bought another Comanche emblem for the truck. I had the art teacher at school paint it for me and took the old on off of the tail gate. got some emblem tape and bam now my truck has emblems. here are pics:

Here is where it went on the fender

here is the old one on the tail gate that I put there

Here is the old emblem and the new

and together

emblem tape on the back of the emblem and on

not bad for a $10 update.

Any ways I have been buying alot and getting ready for the lift and 4x4. 1st thing I bought was the winch for the front hidden winch bumper. it is a 8000 pound Smittybilt winch that I got from here: http://www.quadratec.com/products/92122_1000_07.htm

Here is a pic:

97281.jpg

should be here by the end of the week.

I also ran down to the autozone to pick up my new flowmaster super 44. Shop class at school will help me get her in tomarrow but here is a pic of the box lol Ill get pic's of it in tomarrow after it go's in. And While I was out I went down to the store and got me a hi lift jack which is cool.

here is a K&N air filter my bro gave me: I will need the intake thing but that will come in soon. Here is the transmission cooler: Image Not Found it was the best one bull frog had so I got it :D here is another really cool mod that I just made not to long ago. I got a tool box light. It was a LED light from K-mart that I stuck them wall tabs on to still on the box. it is really bright and very easy to do. $13 well spent.:

the other day I also came from the JY with my newer rear axle. A ford 8.8 out of a 95 ford explorer with 4:10 gears. I got the perches for it to that the guy who is doing my bumpers with me had I got for $8 so here she is:

at the same time I picked up the axle I got the Spicer Yoke for Ford 8.8" from http://motionoffroad.com which will make the 8.8 fit my drive shaft. I also ordered differential covers from solid.com for the ford 8.8 and the dana 30 which I don't have yet. And since I got every thing else I just had to go out and get the lift. 4.5" lift kit from Rough county. That should be here in a few days. I think that that is every thing so far. When I got the lift and transmission and front axle I will sand blast every thing but the trasmission and paint it all black. Ill update as every thing comes along. Hope ya'll like what happened so far I know I do :D

Brandon

Got my winch to day! :jump: gonna get the steel for the bumpers and what not tomarrow maybe. got my transmission and t-case yesterday. gonna change the gaskets tomarrow on them. I also got the front dana 30 today which I was so happy about untill I found out I got the wrong one :( so I'm taking that back tomarrow. so I'm still Looking for a front dana 30 with 4:10 gears which is fine because I won't need it for another few weeks. Starting monday we are going to sand the axles and drive shafts to paint. So Ill keep yall updated on how its coming along :D

Brandon

when you put the lift on you stayin with 31s or goin to 33s???

Yeah untill I can afford 33's. And since I just got my last tires like 6 months ago and they only have 2k miles on them. So for now ill have my 31's still. Oh and today I got my diff covers from SOLID in the mail :D

Brandon

Its battery powered. The only problem ive had is that I keep alot of junk in there and It hit the power button. so then I had to take it off of the box which was not to bad since the sticky tabs are ment to come off, to replace the battery. and the sticky arnt cheap :( today I did my bed liner :D or at least the 1st coat, ill finish the rest Sunday. Ive got so much to update on but if I updated every time I did something I would have one update every day for the past 2 weeks. Ive done so much my truck is turning out like the trucks I remember looking at not to long ago and saying to my self "I wish I Had that truck". And now I do. Thanks a bunch for the updates it really means alot to me. Thanks

Brandon

Its battery powered. The only problem ive had is that I keep alot of junk in there and It hit the power button. so then I had to take it off of the box which was not to bad since the sticky tabs are ment to come off, to replace the battery. and the sticky arnt cheap :( today I did my bed liner :D or at least the 1st coat, ill finish the rest Sunday. Ive got so much to update on but if I updated every time I did something I would have one update every day for the past 2 weeks. Ive done so much my truck is turning out like the trucks I remember looking at not to long ago and saying to my self "I wish I Had that truck". And now I do. Thanks a bunch for the updates it really means alot to me. Thanks

Brandon

ah sucks i don't like to replace battery. solar powered or charging would be sweet though.

not surpise about sticky haha. :roll: but atleast where pics of your bed with new coat of bed liner? I wanna see!

I have been rly sick for the past few days and have not had a chance to do the 2nd coat. I have not had a chance to do any thing on my truck :( I did however get yet another thing in the mail for my truck. this: Image Not Found a cargo light :clapping: I stole that pic from some one here on CC cuz my camera is dead. Ill have the pics of my bed and alot of other things by the end of the week

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here's a fun update still no pics I'm gonna keep ya’ll waiting lol my bed liner is still not done because god just dose not want it to be done I guess. but today I went in my friends 96 cherokee lifted 4" on 32's to st augustine. It was about a 340 mile round trip and we did have to stop at autozone once thanks to the "death wobble" and replaced his steering stabilizer which took 2.5 hr's omg. Any ways seeing as how I have not got any sleep in 72 hr's and I just drove 300+ miles I'm kinda tired. But tomarrow I will be putting my truck under the knife for the next week or so to get the 4x4 and lift done. The front axle also needs every thing so that will be another 200 bones I don't want to shell out right now. Ill try and post pic's by the end of the week of how things are going but hopfully by the end of the week my truck will have a 4.5" lift with a dana 30 front and ford 8.8 rear geared up at 4:10 baby :D so goodnight.gif

Brandon

So Saturday I will be lifting my truck 4.5" and putting in my new ford 8.8 with 4:10 gears :D maybe even trim up the fenders an inch to :D then next saturday it will be the front axle and then the saturday after that it will be the 4x4 parts (other then the front axle). So after every thing is done I will have a HUGE update with pics and how i did it all.

Brandon

Well thats not good lol. I really don't want to update it with pics and info because there is so much to update and I'm just putting it off till I'm done with the some of the major work. Its gonna take a good hr or more to put all the pics and every thing on. Ill try and get some up to night but idk I'm really lazy. Today I was gonna lift my truck and put in the rear 8.8 in but the place I'm doing the work at was busy so all we did was paint the rear axle and weld a bit. Ill update soon...maybe?

Brandon