Deep in the heart of Comanche County

I dislike mud - a lot. My disdain for the stuff probably comes from the numerous times getting stuck in it while deer hunting in Louisiana as a teenager. My friend Brian thought his CJ6 could go through anything and more often than not we spent the day digging his jeep out in the drizzling rain. Anyhow, despite my hate for the stuff, I played in it some the other day, ended up bashing the right rear bed panel on a small tree, got stuck on said tree, then just winched the jeep through the pit.

Here's a grainy cell phone video, can't figure out how to embed it. I'm actually driving over a late 40s Buick that's been upside down in that hole for a long long time. Can't see it, its underwater. http://www.flickr.com/photos/37014918@N07/6442689443/

6442687575_6e690fa6cb_z.jpg

6442688263_46bfb3b41b_z.jpg

6442687957_20bd300296_z.jpg

6442690459_f65bd2d372_z.jpg

Apparently, due to the thumbs up I'm giving, I guess I do like mud.

6442831669_49278b59ee_z.jpg

6442831337_02003ddf34_z.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sir are a badass ! Working on your truck in 112 degrees with one leg ! Awesome truck , so many good parts , looks much better without the light bar too :bowdown: :cheers:

I hate the heat! I have no idea how yah do it! More power to yah :cheers:

You sir are a badass ! Working on your truck in 112 degrees with one leg ! Awesome truck , so many good parts , looks much better without the light bar too :bowdown: :cheers:

I hate the heat! I have no idea how yah do it! More power to yah :cheers:

Thanks man, freakin cold right now though. We had frozen dew on the deck yesterday morning, walked outside and didn't notice, ended up on my back like when Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Brown. It hurt, I laid there doing a dead armadillo imitation for a few moments.

I actually caught the truck on fire the other day....I need to put some pictures up. A guy gave me some spanking new KC lights for free and I through them in the tool box carelessly. Next thing I knew I was driving home smelling something like burnt trash. I just thought someone was burning tires somewhere nearby, then I stopped at an intersection and saw the smoke billowing in my rear view mirror. The chrome KCs just happen to land on the positive and negative posts of my spare red top Optima touching each other. They arced, melted the top of the Optima, then melted a zip loc bag that contained receipts of stuff I bought for the truck and technical papers that flamed up, caught the underside of the ABS tool box on fire. Losses were: the Optima (although still holding a charge with a hole in the top, we'll see if my RTV patch works), spare ARB wiring harness, tool bag, spare Derale temp controller, the KC lights, a few other odds and ends. I got it put out and luckily I keep all the spare oils and fluids on the other side. Had the oil, brake, PS fluid caught fire I'd have had a real problem. Now the tool box smells like burnt donkey hair, I need to get that fire extinguisher that I've been neglecting! :fs2:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been messing with other Jeeps in the herd lately. I did make a good haul from the JY today though.

Went there searching for Up Country Springs for my ZJ and found two new MJs. Scored a headliner board, tailgate, bench seat for taking the kids out, tail lights, 4 coil springs, aftermarket fog lamps, other bits and pieces. I also pulled all the tan interior trim off one of them and put it all in the bed before some idiot ripped it all out like what always happens. If someone wants them I can go back and get it all for you. Would have got the trim too but, my back is absolutely killing me and I barely got it all out and just couldn't carry anymore.

6957525441_e2c82f27c9_z.jpg

6957495955_e6b7dea37d_z.jpg

6957492499_6d1f5b4fbd_z.jpg

6811389170_b38d66c4de_z.jpg

6957502671_d7307df2fc_z.jpg

6957508431_e35a81c8d1_z.jpg

6811409598_ee33f5449b_z.jpg

6811413470_60b56404ce_z.jpg

They have the same dealership stampings on them from a no longer existing Temple, TX dealership, probably junked from the same owner since they hit the yard at the same. One was welded on and I may go get the other one, but after 5 hours in the yard and a sore back, I could pull any thing else today.

Think god you got that fire put out fast! Would have been a bad day in history. But I'm sure that battery is going to be fine I had a friend who droped his and cracked the top. He still uses it

Brandon

• 3 weeks later...

Texas authorized personal plates from a private company - myplates.com. You can design your own plates, order them and update your registration. I'll get them eventually, just haven't made my mind up on what I want yet. I was playing with the website and made the avatar, it's my top choice so far.

• 1 month later...

I got a roof top tent! Its a Bedouin model from a S. African Company. I mounted it hastily with some 2x4s on the bed rails and a 5/8" sheet of plywood flush with the bed. I'll probably change it soon but I'm happy with the way it looks. Still need to refine it a bit. Gonna take my 7 year old camping on his birthday with it. I'm kinda stoked about it. Here it is at a local swap meet where I was trying to sell off some of my jeep junk.

7185005034_abbbe0b800_b.jpg

7185007920_6605d96f76_b.jpg

7185002184_7169cf2314_b.jpg

Tomorrow if my time is not consumed by this strange cryptoid creature I have recently discovered in the wilds of rural Texas, which I have since found out is actually referred to as a "female human", then I will produce a picture of it packed up on the MJ. So far I am kinda scared and hiding from this strange creature like a scared puppy. If I can escape her gravitational pull, I will accurately answer your question sir.

Tomorrow if my time is not consumed by this strange cryptoid creature I have recently discovered in the wilds of rural Texas, which I have since found out is actually referred to as a "female human", then I will produce a picture of it packed up on the MJ. So far I am kinda scared and hiding from this strange creature like a scared puppy. If I can escape her gravitational pull, I will accurately answer your question sir.

I call BS on said creature ;)

:peek:

Oh yeah, she's real but will most likely escape back to the wild, errr,,,dump me. :D Here's link to the tent with pics on the PO's M416 trailer. He was big into expedition trips. I'm going to try to get my old MJ trailer back and make a set up like this.

http://www.pbase.com/kai38/roof_top_tent_rtt_for_sale

7189599696_e5b2bd32e1_b.jpg

On the PO's trailer with the rainfly on. Pretty awesome set up. I'd like to find an M416, but not only are they tough to find, its even harder to find one with an owner who's willing to sale.

10340475.Terlungia110202037.jpg

18842055.4thOFJULY2003LAKE034.jpg