For all the HATER Look HERE(AKA Jakeman Progression)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Jake. :shake:

My advice, get yourself one of these and USE IT, it seems that right now she's got one and is using it on you...

1bullWhip.jpg

- OR -

Make her do the work if thats what she wants. You'll see, that'll stop all of this honey-do crap from happening right off the bat.

My god.

Your rust is worse than mine. And your original brake lines were worse than mine.

I never thought that was possible... good luck bringing your rust monster back from the grave! :clapping:

what the HELL is wrong with you?

the truck is blue.

paint it freaking BLUE.

that looks like $#!&....it looks like some illegals got their hands on it. I'm ashamed.

hahahahahahahahahaahaha :rotf: :rotf: you made my day

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I forgot to take pictures today but here's from yesterday

Here how it all went

Start: Tuesday @ 5;30PM

Yesterday Ashley and I dropped the axle, and got the pan out and called rob a few times for some guidence. Everything was going smooth. Ashley Scraped most of the old gasket off. We got the oil pan up had some RTV on it to hold gasket(done by my DAD). Started getting bolts in it was going smooth. I thought the bolt had been going in but they were not. We started putting bolts in again. Got most of the front and was working the way back. Got to the last 5 bolts on each side and they were putting up a fight. Called my dad out he help and got it all in. Snugged everything up and started it to make sure no leaks. Looked good. Put the axle back up and tire on checked oil level again all was good. I went and drove it around the block came back and there was oil dripping quite a bit. So i pulled back into the garage and inspected. It was leaking from the back of oil pan. RMS area. We tried tightening everything it was all tight. My dad said we must have messed up gasket some how. He took Ashley and I home

End Day 1: Wednesday 4:00 AM

Start day 2: Wednesday 1:00PM

I went to part store with my dad and we got another gasket. Dropped Ashley off at Work. I got to his house and My friend Nick came over to help. We took it all apart again. Dropped axle, disconnect sway bar links and trac bar, took out starter ECT. Oil pan came out no problem. Nick and I looked at gasket and saw 1. too much RTV on rear of pan 2. Gasket was torn in a few spots. Nick cleaned up all the surfaces on the pan and block. Nick RTVed the gasket on. We put the pan up an d dropped gasket. We got the gasket all figured out got the 4 13MM bolts in and started the small ones no problem. i tightened the bolts then Nick went over all them again. We added oil and started before putting together let it run REVed it up aliitle to build some pressure. All looked good other than drops of oil from what we spilled fillling with oil. Finished puttting it all back together i went and drove it. There was oil leaking from somewhere. Nick crawled under and tighted up all bolts again. I went and drove it around the block a few times. Pulled into driveway and nothing. There was some oil dripping but think it was from when we spilled.

End Project: Wednesday: 4:45PM

I drove it to elgin and didnt see any oil leaking. Its all back together and running jamminz.gif

here's a few pictures

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found(yes I was pissed bc it was not running)

What oil pan gasket did you use - the cork type or the blue, rubber one? What torque did you tighten the bolts down to?

I hope you got the blue silicone one... Never had much luck with the cork ones myself...

What oil pan gasket did you use - the cork type or the blue, rubber one? What torque did you tighten the bolts down to?

i got the rubber one.

Didnt have a torque wrench but they are snug not tight and not loose

Good choice on the rubber gasket. I did notice that you used RTV on the gasket. Where did you use RTV? The only places I used RTV on the oil pan (when using the rubber gasket) was on the engine block side in the corners of the front & rear main bearing caps.

Oh, and get a torque wrench. 8)

• 2 weeks later...