Got Snow???

Wildman

I'm sure most every one heard that Buffalo area got socked last Thursdays / Friday.

I never even got a chance to get the '88 MJ ready for plowing-

5310342_1024.ts1161105483005.jpg

The pile of bush is tree tops where the truck is usually parked, good thing i moved it Thursday night-

5310329_1024.ts1161105449632.jpg

24 inches of snow, No problem for a MJ-

5310338_1024.ts1161105471355.jpg

And picking up the mess, just raking up the leaves with the branches still attached-

5310344_1024.ts1161105494426.jpg

Saturday, the Sun came out, temps up to 55 degrees, and most of the snow was melted, and by Sunday, almost no snow anywheres. What a weekend. My power was out for 2 days, and no cable for 3 days, so late posting this. About 1/3 of this area is still with out electric, and the mass cleanup in taking place.

Time to start thinking about a warmer climate, and this is only October :roll:

Wildman

Time to start thinking about a warmer climate, and this is only October :roll:

Wildman

Grew up in southwest PA, and my wife went to Edinboro.....I feel your pain. Thanks for helping me to remember why we moved here to VA back in '99 :laughin:

Jeff

hmm we have niether, we have redclay(which is a PITA) to get off once it dries and it snows once about every 10 years lol.

oh yeah, if you don't wash the redclay off within 24 hrs... its not gonna budge.

I'm thinkin about taking a trip to my greatgrandmas this winterbreak to go snow wheelin (WV)

i WISH, ive never seen more than a foot and a half of snow in my life... and that was in 1993

wanna trade for a year? we might ice over once or twice

I remember that "blizzard" (what everyone in NC SC GA TN say it was)

Back in Brevard we had 2.5 feet and it sucked since the mountains take forever to thaw out. Here at Shaw we are "lucky" to even ge6t any frozen stuff.

Cole

Well sounds like your getting a taste of some good ol'e Canadian weather down there. I haven't driven an mj in the winter, and quite frankly I don't think I would. I have a 1985 Chevy K5 Blazer with a 350, 3.73. I use this during the winter and everyday for that matter.

Enjoy the clean up :roll: and good thing you moved your mj on thursday.

an mj with a detroit in the rear is loads of fun in the ice and snow ;)

heck my 88 2wd eliminator got itself out of 2' deep snow one year. it was covered in a drift also. i cleared the snow out of the way of the drivers door and rocked it a few times and it pulled right out.

Alex

mine was a tank when it was 2WD if I put chains on it, and made sure I didn't get one wheel in a rut. If it was locked it would have been unstoppable ;)

Since I converted it (going on 3 winters now) it has failed to snow more than a dusting down here. I've yet to yank the 4WD lever except for mud :cry:

Jeff

• 3 months later...

Last week here in Alberta we got the worst blizzard we've seen in over 30 years.Me, my husband, and the guy I work with all live 30 mins from home we we're told to go home early cuz things were getting so bad that they were shutting the hyways down all around us.It was snowing and blowing so had you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you.What usuallt takes us 30 mins to get home took us over an hour. :eek:

I went out to my MJ. I had 2ft of snow on the hood. And unplowed roads as I'm driving home + grille, holey old header panel and no cover on the relay's = funky-@$$ electronics as I made my crawl home. heat-dryed all the connectors out overnight and for good measure, plugged in the block heater. Cranked and started like a dream thismorning, I need gas tho haha.

a foot and change worth of snow over the day yesterday here. Ive got the fron'a the MJ jammed full of cardboard with a hole cut in the centre of the piece that covers the rad. jeeeeze.