out with the old and in with the new

1990 Pioneer 4x4

Being a dealer tech... there is just something about the daks that just isnt as good as the Rams, in terms of reliability, and looks....the first and second gens were good looking trucks when they came out, but the current one is just fugly. Theres no telling how ugly theyll get if the factory rumors about them being produced in the future on the caravan platform are true. I'm sorry, I really have never really had anything against them, but having to work on them, they just arent as good!

I like the new body style Dak's, nice choice :cheers:

Tho it would be my 2nd choice after the style you're trying to sell (those 'baby Rams' just have nice lines :yes: ).

My least favorite is the style between the two (3rd gen) :ack:

They had a really funky orange color last year,

I was 'building' one of these Dak's the Dodge site, and that was the color I liked best.

The beefed up 4.7L V8 is pretty bad too, tho I don't think you can get a 5spd with it anymore (can you?).

Being a dealer tech... there is just something about the daks that just isnt as good as the Rams, in terms of reliability, and looks....the first and second gens were good looking trucks when they came out, but the current one is just fugly. Theres no telling how ugly theyll get if the factory rumors about them being produced in the future on the caravan platform are true. I'm sorry, I really have never really had anything against them, but having to work on them, they just arent as good!

I think they did a good job of muting the 3rd gen's horrible looks with the 4th gen,

amazing that the 3rd gen's can look so similar to the 2nd gens, while somehow looking 100x's worse. :ack: :ack:

As far as reliability, that's my #1 reason I don't have an extended cab, or 4dr 2nd gen as my daily driver.

Nice size, shape, design, but the reliability complaints scared me off.

I like the new body style Dak's, nice choice :cheers:

Tho it would be my 2nd choice after the style you're trying to sell (those 'baby Rams' just have nice lines :yes: ).

My least favorite is the style between the two (3rd gen) :ack:

They had a really funky orange color last year,

I was 'building' one of these Dak's the Dodge site, and that was the color I liked best.

The beefed up 4.7L V8 is pretty bad too, tho I don't think you can get a 5spd with it anymore (can you?).

Thanks :cheers: It's nice to hear some positive stuff about my choice after spending a BIG chunk of money. I also like the looks of the new style. When i was building my V8 package, the 5spd wasn't an option. That was fine with me as I needed the auto anyways.

• 1 month later...
I Like it :thumbsup: I've heard that 2011 will be the last year for the Dakotas, any truth to that dasbulliwagen?

Ive heard that too, and from what Ive seen of thee production numbers I can see why... they just arent selling like they used to.... same goes for the ford ranger, Mazda B2300..... the mazdas are done, but I read something the other day about a ranger redesign.... about time. Most people, nowadays anyways that but a truck want a fullsize. My dad even said the same thing after he bought his ranger in 96.... shoulda got a fullsize. He still has the ranger, and it still gets him around, but its getting to be on its last leg.... especially after all the years of Michigan winters. I'm going to try my darnedest to get him into a full size dodge when the time comes. If they do bring back the dakota, it will be smaller and on a different platform, I think the thing I read said possibly on a modified Caravan platform changed to RWD. We'll just havee to wait and see.

I Like it :thumbsup: I've heard that 2011 will be the last year for the Dakotas, any truth to that dasbulliwagen?

Ive heard that too, and from what Ive seen of thee production numbers I can see why... they just arent selling like they used to.... same goes for the ford ranger, Mazda B2300..... the mazdas are done, but I read something the other day about a ranger redesign.... about time. Most people, nowadays anyways that but a truck want a fullsize. My dad even said the same thing after he bought his ranger in 96.... shoulda got a fullsize. He still has the ranger, and it still gets him around, but its getting to be on its last leg.... especially after all the years of Michigan winters. I'm going to try my darnedest to get him into a full size dodge when the time comes. If they do bring back the dakota, it will be smaller and on a different platform, I think the thing I read said possibly on a modified Caravan platform changed to RWD. We'll just havee to wait and see.

It is much better looking in the real picture. It looks like a nice truck and the Dakota is kind of in a class of it's own based on size. That said the price is probably about even with a full size so the mid size would be out for me.

Nice truck though! jamminz.gif

It is much better looking in the real picture. It looks like a nice truck and the Dakota is kind of in a class of it's own based on size. That said the price is probably about even with a full size so the mid size would be out for me.

Nice truck though! jamminz.gif

Thanks Kevin :cheers:

how long before a lift and bigger tires? :brows: I'm thinking 3" and 32s with some flares to help cover them. :D

Well Pete, most people will cringe when they hear; that I just dropped it off to get it lowered a few inches. But yes, I’ve also ordered some OEM fender flares and body side molding. Wider tires and some black powder coating for the wheels are also on the menu. :D

but I read something the other day about a ranger redesign.... about time.

Is the following the new Ranger, or a face job? Europe often gets their compact cars before we do, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see them get light trucks before we do(though they consider light trucks commercial vehicles mainly):

http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/NewRanger

Here's a photo I took of a Ford "Thunder"/Ranger in Dublin, Ireland in 2008 with a 2007 registration tag:

large.jpg

• 4 weeks later...