Long bed stuff

on a side note, it's humorous having a sheriff follow you waiting for the load to shift. Got it home from my buddies with it upside down and backwards. sadly, a golf ball hit a tail light, so i only have one good one to sell.

yeah 2 guys will be ok to lift

its a bit awkeward to lift in a small garage

but it weights about 125 pounds

What?

A friend and I picked up one of my shortbeds, and while we could lift it, it was a pain, hard to control, and there is no way it only weighed 125 lbs. A longbed is gonna be a bit more than a shortbed too.

I would get at least 4 guys, to make sure you can control it enough to not jam it against something, or end up dropping it.

What?

A friend and I picked up one of my shortbeds, and while we could lift it, it was a pain, hard to control, and there is no way it only weighed 125 lbs. A longbed is gonna be a bit more than a shortbed too.

I would get at least 4 guys, to make sure you can control it enough to not jam it against something, or end up dropping it.

maybe you need to build muscle lolllllllllll :rotfl2:

just kidding maybe I'm wrong about the weight but me and my buddy liftted it no probs

maybe its because were both military guys

What?

maybe you need to build muscle lolllllllllll :rotfl2:

just kidding maybe I'm wrong about the weight but me and my buddy liftted it no probs

maybe its because were both military guys

The bed might've had some crap it in though... I don't remember at this point.

I've taken my shortbed off & put it back on by myself a few times. :dunno:

Getting it up over the tires & lined up straight was always the tough part.

Also flipped it over, and carried it on my back like a turtle more than once. :yes:

I estimate the short bed at 165-175lbs. The long bed at 195-200lbs. I base this on carrying a SB 25-30 ft on my back, after removing it from my '89MJ and setting it on a trailer. Did I mention I'll be 75 in less than 2 weeks?

awesome info guys. got it off with me +2.

The guy i am getting a lot of the MJ parts from (separate thread) basically uses the MJ as a lawn ornament since it had a dash fire. He had it pegged at 150 yards from his porch, and was working on his driving. pissed me off too. but thats what I get for free and cheap parts.

Its not that heavy. once I had a flat tire while hauling a load of firewood. So I just unbolted the bed and carried it and the cord of wood home on my back. Then I loaded my air compressor and tire machine in the bed and carried it back to the truck to repair the tire.

You left out the part about it being a 220VAC, 5hp compressor and 100 gallon tank and laying 5 mile of cable to power it with. Should of just picked up the bumper on the side with the flat, and pushed, carried it home. Only make one trip that way. :shake:

awesome info guys. got it off with me +2.

The guy i am getting a lot of the MJ parts from (separate thread) basically uses the MJ as a lawn ornament since it had a dash fire. He had it pegged at 150 yards from his porch, and was working on his driving. pissed me off too. but thats what I get for free and cheap parts.

does he stop hitting balls as you take parts from the truck ???????? :nuts:

• 2 weeks later...