....KU Lost

kro10000

Hell of an upset. :eek: I was picking Kansas to win the whole thing. Gotta go with the Dukies now, or maybe Northern Iowa, where ever that is. Sure wish 'Bama could play basketball as well as the football team. :D And yeah, it's good to have a Cinderella in the NCAAs.

Wasn't surprised at all that they lost. Everyone had them winning it all, and now I'm dishing out a lot of "I told you so..." lines to people. :D No doubt they are a good team, but are no where close to being a national championship team. I'm going with Duke too, best well-balanced team in the tournament with experience and an amazing coach.

Even though my bracket has gone to hell too....these are some amazing games! jamminz.gif :popcorn:

i can't believe UW lost to Cornell :fs1: they were out "smarted" by a ivy-league school.

Yep. Watched that game. The Ivy League schools don't get the "talent" because of the entrance requirements, so they have to play "old school" basketball, i.e. pick and rolls, pass and runs, etc. and execute them perfectly for the entire game. Occasionally they win a game or two. :D

That's all good, but it's the Dukies year. :D Looks like the West Coast is doing their usual el-foldo act. WV will make short order of Washington, but you gotta admire little St. Mary's in Cali though for making the sweet sixteen. :yes:

I agree about St Mary's. Those Aussies are fun to watch. It has been most amazing to see Duke fly under the radar all season. Didn't think that was possible. More people were watching the UNC collapse I think. Anytime Coack K is in the mix, the Dukies have a shot. Right now I'm thinking O. State, UK, Duke and Syr in the FF. And a rematch of the '97 championship game.

the Orange are on a roll........and UK better watch out for the Big Red

Sorry aemsee - they're history now - courtesy of Butler. :eek: The #1 seeds are dropping like flies................

Butler's coach needs to go buy a Lotto ticket. That was the worst I have ever seen the Orange play, and they only lost by 4. I think Rick Jackson threw the game. He played like he had boxing gloves on.

• 2 weeks later...

DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Butler played an amazing game though and kept with 'em the whole time. Even though Butler's defense was great, they couldn't shut down the big three of Duke (Scheyer, Singler, Smith).

I'm just happy that Duke won! :banana: :banana: :banana:

that was a really good game! if only Hayward's shot would have went in...

Incredible final game. I would have liked to see it go in too 'cause I didn't want it to end. :D I'm happy the Dukies won, but I sure would have not been too upset if Butler pulled it off. Both teams played their butts off for every minute of both halves. No losers in this one. :cheers: