roll bar ???

steve

Does anybody have a good pic of a rollbar that came with these trucks.

At the pic n pull I have located one that is laying in the back of an 88 pioneer but was never bolted in to the truck for what ever reason

I can have it for 20 bucks but want to make sure its right.

and since its not bolted in that makes it better its in great shape.

hey cw, in your second pic i see a pipe bender in the back ground... i have looked at a few simular to that, but i am skeptical as to how well they work.. any input?

They work pretty good for what they are...nothing fancy.

Heat is your friend with that thing.....

CW

here is a swb one:

Image Not Found

I'm pretty sure that's aftermarket. I don't remember the Mj coming with a

chrome rollbar (I could definitely be wrong) but the SWB one I had many

years ago bolted into the wheel wells. I went crazy trying to find a LWB for

my second Mj but only found SWBs. When I bought my SWB I picked up

the first stock one I found.... it was that LWB.

I have been scrounging the local part fields lately for an OEM SWB but

haven't found any here on the coast. Best bet is to take a pic and we'll let

you know if its OEM.

so you've got a stock LWB rollbar?

Oh he's found the precious!!!

thats funny, but oh so true.

bonkers - i have a parts manual for MJs that have everypart listed along with their numbers. there was a factory chrome rollbar. you could get either chrome or black, same with bumpers and roo bars.

Alex

I picked one up tonight!!

Drove past ir this AM on the way in to work.... It looked narrow but the price was right....$80!! :eek: :D Its LIKE NEW, TOO!!

It was narrow, but I have a plan on how to make it work...

Check out my MJ projects thread to see more...

These are just shots of it SITTING in my bed. No its NOT attached.

CW

• 8 months later...
so you've got a stock LWB rollbar?

Oh he's found the precious!!!

thats funny, but oh so true.

bonkers - i have a parts manual for MJs that have everypart listed along with their numbers. there was a factory chrome rollbar. you could get either chrome or black, same with bumpers and roo bars.

Alex

Hi Alex;

I picking up a NOS MJ roll bar in TN soon, but I'm not positive it's for LWB or SWB. Do you have the part numbers?

Alex isn't online right now...his computer is down, so he can only sign into msn with his xbox 360. he hasn't been on the site for 2 months almost but I talk to him fairly regularly. I will make sure to ask and will post the info if he's got it.

also, i'm heading to his house in july to pick up all of his comanche parts...and I mean everything. he's just keeping his comanche, and probably one of his motors so that he can pull the jasper and rebuild it. he's getting a rust-free shortbed comanche box from me in exchange, along with a new driver's side cab corner and rocker panel that I plasma'd off of a parts truck I had.

Alex isn't online right now...his computer is down, so he can only sign into msn with his xbox 360. he hasn't been on the site for 2 months almost but I talk to him fairly regularly. I will make sure to ask and will post the info if he's got it.

also, i'm heading to his house in july to pick up all of his comanche parts...and I mean everything. he's just keeping his comanche, and probably one of his motors so that he can pull the jasper and rebuild it. he's getting a rust-free shortbed comanche box from me in exchange, along with a new driver's side cab corner and rocker panel that I plasma'd off of a parts truck I had.

Thanks Jeepco - appreciate it.

Here's a rollbar from a '95 Chevy S-10 put in an '87 MJ shortbed 261322172.jpg[/img]

The fit was pretty good. A couple bolts on the driver's side were kind of tough to get to but nothing the right tool couldn't handle. On the wheel well mounts I made a couple wedges out of square tubing to go under the holes that were on the curve of the wheel well.

261322167.jpg[/img]

$100 bucks on craigslist, and it came with the 2 KC marshmallow roasters on top

Sorry for the delay in my responce... I have been away since last Thursday wheeling. :brows: :cheers: ;)

I answered the PM and posted up in your other thread on the topic as well.

I don't have that roll bar to measure. Sorry man...

CW