Look what I found !!

DJM/78

Lookin good!

That's the Grant with the jeep button thats available, right? If so, is it the 3 1/2 dish, and did it move the steering wheel closer to you that stock to where it is less comfortable? I have considered doing the same, but was afraid of where it would place it. Since my manche has no power steering, I have to go with the 14 3/4 wheel that looks a lot like the later mj/xj wheel. My stock one is the big, fat center and is 15" diameter.

Yeah its the GT Grant , the positioning is actually great even for monkey armed people like me . :banana:

IMHO , the wheel being smaller helps turn the wheel almost a quarter turn faster , might not help you with no power steering .

I did get a nice reactive steering response though .

Its not the smallest Grant they sell I think it was the medium size whatever that was . I don't like those small ones ... :ack:

:cheers: cool I am not the only one with an 8 ball shifter nob. :idea:

Thats actually a real ball I scored from a billiard shop . They even have the NFL , NHL series balls so I can swap them out during

Football and Hockey season .... :yes:

O'Reillys sells em :thumbsup:

Yeah thats where I got it , Advanced Auto or O'Riley same thing out here .

You may not like the price though about 48 bucks not including the wheel .

Worth it though , because the center cap actually bolts on real nice instead of using that stupid metal clip

that ends up rattling around .

:ack:

:yes:

That looks like the Classic, not the GT. According to the JEGS website the Classic has three holes on each spoke, and that's what I remember in seeing them for years and years, and the GT two holes. They have steering wheels and buttons.

http://www.jegs.com/v/Grant/470

Yeah it is the classic series , for some weird reason I was thinking their name was GT Grant , not the Grant GT series . :nuts:

I had the same wheel but in black in a wheeling Jeep. I pretty much hated it... the small size was frustrating and those steel spokes hurt like hell when your hand slips and they smack you.

Sorry guys , I can't sympathize with you , in 15 years of SCCA racing I've never had a problem with any of Grants wheels .

If anyone wants the stocker wheel they can have it , just a POS collecting dust now .

I did catch my hand in a spoke back when I was like 17 or something , never did it again .

My truck is a manual so one hand is always on the gears , the quicker turning radius helped me drive the way I want too .

But I'm an old muscle car / hot rod fan , so it fits me perfectly . :chillin:

The pics might fool you but its not the small Grant wheel its the larger one , I don't like the smaller ones , I'm not driving a lowrider .

I went with the same Wheel for my CJ7 except in black. The Chrome horn button is different too. Here it is before I installed it in the CJ. I can't remember if I bought it online from Quadratec or Morris 4x4. It was fairly cheap (price) but good quality. I had to buy the horn kit separately.

column2.jpg

Mac...

Yeah , the horn kit is more than the wheel .

For those guys who don't like the wheel , the center cap will work on any wheel that has a flat face like the classic .

I believe they work on allot of other Grant wheels as well , like the signature series wheels , I'd bet it would fit some of the

others as well . the bolt pattern fits and it sits flush on the back , so it might fit some other brand wheels as well .