is this guy right?

STERLING STINGER

i wouldn't trust what people put in their ebay listings, especially if they put a question mark in the title. Even if it did come from an MJ the owner could have done an HO drivetrain swap and it doesn't sound like the seller would know the difference. At the very least, i'd ask him for the part number off the item, looks like its there but too blurry to read in the picture. There are parts lists on the internet you can compare it to confirm it is what the seller claims it is.

That all being said, if you can get to a junkyard you should be able to find one out of an xj or mj for a lot less than the $52 shipped (minimum) that he is asking. And you probably will get a warranty of some kind, you couldn't do any worse than his/her no warranty.

I have used TCU's out of 87's, 88's & 89's in my 89 4.0 with AT. Right now it has a TCU out of 88 Cherokee in it. Performs identical to orig TCU.

Part # for 88 Cherokee TCU in my hand is AC 032164 87L Bar code is AC7BO9732.

Done that. Not as elaborate as that, but, it sure makes it nice to be able to shift up and down to 2nd gear when you want it. I didn't go as far as the TC lockup as I don't need that. Now I just have to re-hook a couple wires to the switch the gran daughter got ahold of and yanked on. Hint: Always hide the wire out of sight.

Looks right to me. Automatics prior to 91, I believe, had a seperate TCU. After that the ECU controls the tranny

ECU taking over the trans was 96 or 97, not 91.

The 91+ TCU is different from the Renix one.

I have used TCU's out of 87's, 88's & 89's in my 89 4.0 with AT. Right now it has a TCU out of 88 Cherokee in it. Performs identical to orig TCU.

Part # for 88 Cherokee TCU in my hand is AC 032164 87L Bar code is AC7BO9732.

Did you just swap them to test them, or ?

That all being said, if you can get to a junkyard you should be able to find one out of an xj or mj for a lot less than the $52 shipped (minimum) that he is asking.
i bought one out of an H.O. for 12 bucks from the JY. So ya, $52 is retarded :nuts: