Unwritten rule!

dasbulliwagen

It should be an unwritten rule that to be called a Jeep, its hood should open to almost 90 degrees like the CJ's, Wranglers and our trucks. I was working on a Commander today to change the spark plugs and the hood only opens to about 45 degrees! It doesnt let any light in, and makes it difficult to work on stuff.... Just my 2 cents!

what is this 90* you speak of? my hood fits perfectly but unlike ALL my friends cherokees, the hood tries to junk out the wiper blades to get to the second support rod cutout.

my volvo on the other hand, and many others as well, go up to a full 90 which is amazing.

(none of that late model BS does though)

Rule #2- to even be considered a Jeep there must be 2 solid Axles underneath it, IFS is not found on any real Jeeps i know of :smart:

And the 2011 Grand Cherokee coming out in a couple months will have front and rear Independant suspension. :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

I bet it'll ride REALLY good!!! :thumbsup:

:doh:

Rule #2- to even be considered a Jeep there must be 2 solid Axles underneath it, IFS is not found on any real Jeeps i know of :smart:

Does it count if it's a custom Liberty with a SAS?

Closer, but it still looks like a$$. Bushwackers and lifted 6" too much. :ack: I'd still rather have a real minivan for my trips to the mall. :shake:

Willy