Something disapaired over night

Wildman

And I think I know why :hmm:

Yea, this topic......."Canada's last WW I veteran dies"

It's ironic that our one famous member had something to do with this :dunno:

Unless after I click off last night it got a little more out of hand :shake:

Normally the topic gets clean up, this time, it got vaporized :eek:

I can understand the reasoning for this, but, and I hope, the OP was given an expiation to what happen, after all, it was a clean, informational post, and well, until one member added an off color reply :shake:

Seams like this one member has been sent to the corner several times.........You think it's time to pull the plug :dunno:

As usual, after replying twice in a tasteless manner, he edited his second reply to apologize. I took exception, publicly, with our famous member. He then apologized to me via PM, to which I responded again, publicly, that I wasn't accepting it from him because I believe it was only to try and keep himself from getting kicked out of here.

I was then told to take it easy by one of the mod teams, and I responded by asking if there was some other issue going on with this member that would explain his behaviour. That's when it was nuked. My third reply was serious, not tongue-in-cheek, although the mod may have taken it that way.

As usual, after replying twice in a tasteless manner, he edited his second reply to apologize. I took exception, publicly, with our famous member. He then apologized to me via PM, to which I responded again, publicly, that I wasn't accepting it from him because I believe it was only to try and keep himself from getting kicked out of here.

I was then told to take it easy by one of the mod teams, and I responded by asking if there was some other issue going on with this member that would explain his behaviour. That's when it was nuked. My third reply was serious, not tongue-in-cheek, although the mod may have taken it that way.

Look kid, I made a joke, and I'm sorry if you were upset by it. This is not a big deal.

I'm always bothered when someone publicly shares the fact that they don't like me. Why would anyone dislike me?! I'm a super cool guy, at least that's what my Mom has always told me.

Considering that Canada has been the butt of ALOT of jokes in the past (eh), you had to KNOW that there would be at least one joke, albeit tasteless, made in that thread. It's not a big deal...the only reason that it is a big deal is that we have two ex-military moderators who are fairly anal about a great many things, one of which is the respect given by civilians to those who have served. They seem to forget, however, that they fought for freedom...the right to choose, and the right to develop your own opinion, be it negative or positive, towards military groups and much, much more. While it's disrespectful to post jokes like such in a thread honouring those who served, the topic at hand is morbid enough that there does need to be something to lighten the mood.

It's ironic, though, that some of the most vulgar people on earth are military types. Off the top of my head, I can list 3 marines, and from the looks of it, the rest of their platoon, as being downright dirty-spoken perverted guys who would kill you just for looking at them funny. Ironic how those types turn out to be the more influential and least flexible people around, isn't it?

It really is sad that the last world war veteran in canada died. I applaud him for the fight for life, and the amount of heart he put in to serving not only his country, but the world as a whole, for a better cause.

Look kid, I made a joke, and I'm sorry if you were upset by it. This is not a big deal.

I'm always bothered when someone publicly shares the fact that they don't like me. Why would anyone dislike me?! I'm a super cool guy, at least that's what my Mom has always told me.

:shake:

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt see the post and don't know what was said, so Ill just ask this: Is there a way in this board format to block the posts of certain members? I know you can in some formats. It will show you all the posts except those of the people you blocked. I have never benn offended by anything goblazers has said, but then I don't think Ive ever been offended by anything someone said on a message board.

Go into your User Control Panel, go to the Friends/Foes section. Anyone you add as a Foe will be blocked on the board.

:hmm: So, if that really works that way, then certain members wouldn't have to worry about getting "time-outs" and go stand in the corner anymore, because most of us would not see what they type :dunno:

I'm going to have to try that :brows:

Go into your User Control Panel, go to the Friends/Foes section. Anyone you add as a Foe will be blocked on the board.

:hmm: So, if that really works that way, then certain members wouldn't have to worry about getting "time-outs" and go stand in the corner anymore, because most of us would not see what they type :dunno:

It works, I had a certain member on there for awhile.

I hope it wasnt me due to not having an avatar. :rotfl2:

After you posted that I tried to put one up but I think it was too big. I don't know how to resize it, I will check Taz's how to post again and see if I missed the resizing part

I know at one time, Pete would re-size your avatar for you, I guest he knew the secret way of doing it :brows:

I know, all this time I've been on here and no avatar :oops:

I think I need to change that........just got to find a Wildman picture :D

:doh: I just read your other topic :doh:

I hope it wasnt me due to not having an avatar. :rotfl2:

After you posted that I tried to put one up but I think it was too big. I don't know how to resize it, I will check Taz's how to post again and see if I missed the resizing part

mine resized itself, it's a full size picture :dunno: