how do i deal with this?

STERLING STINGER

every time I'm driving ANYWHERE in my trucks.....i find myself looking off the road and saying .....i can get into the woods right there, or i can climb that hill right now if i wanted to, or, i want to cut off into that path right now but i don't know whos property it is or where it goes....... :brows:

:chillin:

it was quite simple for me to deal with it, i stopped wheeling illegally :D

i have a picture similar to what pete posted in my first wrangler, about 10 yrs ago, behind some power lines. first a buddy and i went by ourselves in my jeep. we called 3 different trucks, even a 3/4 ton diesel and couldn't get pulled out. come along, no help. spent hours digging, jacking, and putting boards under it with no help. had to leave the jeep there and call an off road tow truck, and $350 later i was cured.

besides, we all agree wheeling anywhere besides designated areas is frowned upon and harms our efforts to keep ohv areas around.

• 2 weeks later...

i know my limits as far as offroading goes and for the illegal part.. there isnt any place legal without driving 4 hours :( i try to have some fun without breaking anything or tearing anything up... its mostly softpacked dirt and sand on this island :/

Are you guys for real! You can get a ticket for offroading. I have never heard of this. I can be offroad in about a minute. That would be horrible to be limited on my wheelin trips. I could understand driving off trails but having to drive for hours would drive me nuts. I guess I'm happy in what part of the country I live in.

Are you guys for real! You can get a ticket for offroading. I have never heard of this. I can be offroad in about a minute. That would be horrible to be limited on my wheelin trips. I could understand driving off trails but having to drive for hours would drive me nuts. I guess I'm happy in what part of the country I live in.

yep, rigs can also be confiscated and towed away. i've even heard stories of construction company's suing guys that came in and wheeled on their land for tons of money in damages. bottom line is illegal off roading is not good, and damages the image of our lifestyle, we try so hard to uphold, just don't do it.

I would have to guess but I would say that 60-70% of Nevada is blm land and this is a big state. So lots of room to play.

AMEN to that! Not too long ago I thought I was "over" Nevada cause of the HOT, dry summers and Frigid and seemingly pointless winters, but as an off-road enthusiast, the more I explored elsewhere, the more I liked NV cause of its freedom to roam and convenience of location...I've decided I'm here to stay. You can literally jump on a trail, and wind up in another state 400+ miles away, all on dirt. Us Northern NV guys gotta worry about those Illegal dumpers though, they are giving EVERYONE a bad name :fs1: You ever catch 'em, get their plate # and a pic or two and report them!!!

Something I've been wanting to do for awhile, any U Reno/No. NV guys interested in gettin together for some cleanups?...load our Manches up with some dumped garbage and dispose of it PROPERLY?

-anyway, here I go again. Back to topic-

What your experiencing STERLING is perfectly normal...just consider it a side effect of the sickness :nuts: If your urges become too much to control, get a second set of wheels and have the baldest tires you can find mounted on them, then remove your front driveshaft...you can't get yourself into too much trouble that way...or maybe you can? :roll:

SERIOUSLY THOUGH...the BEST thing you can do IMHO is SUPPORT organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition, National Off Road Association, etc and be PROACTIVE at your local land rights meetings, etc...so long as it supports the fight for motorized off road recreation, these guys have the connections and ARE winning battles!!! One example of a HUGE case here in NV is reguarding the legalization of off-road dirtbikes being converted to street legal with the appropriate equipment, which has been allowed up until last year, when someone tried to convert and register a Rhino :no: The state decided to no longer honor valid 2 wheeled conversions which outraged a LOT of people...until this guy I know, -average everyday joe- went to the state and 'threatened' a class action lawsuit...that was all it took, the state didn't want to get involved in a C/A lawsuit. As of last week the state is forcing the DMV to make the neccesary changes to honor valid and legal 2 wheel conversions...Yes, I know, slightly off point as thats more of a DMV thing, but point in case, ONE person (a nobody) changed this...it can be done, everyones voice counts. Now more than ever we need to fight this battle so we can have more land to play on and STOP the closure of our favorite spots.

OK, sorry. I'm done now. :D I tend to go over the edge on this topic.

ha ha ha :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

i really DO go up on sidewalks and curbs when I'm plowing, and the light and signs give me the ok, cops just wave to me!....suburban wheeling...i like it

and its not just a sign slapped on my truck :fs1: ...I'm licensed and insured...not just a dude with stickers...i have commercial accounts...you need 2 b legit for them, if i didnt have the overhead for the business, all the $ i made would go into my mjs instead of crazy taxes and sales tax! :wall: