JP mag MJ

Cabz

Has anyone seen the project MJ in JP magazine? . They picked up a beater MJ about too issues back . In the latest issue they finished the rear lift,

It is SAWEET! they had alcan make the rear springs They used 5" lift springs and stayed spring under . I wouldn't say that 5" lift springs will flex as well as lesser arched spring but man the MJ looks sweet.

I called alcan for S&gigles they said they will make a lift leaf pack for the MJ from 2" to 6" for $195 per spring and lifts above 6" for $210 per

Not to bad of a deal if ya ask me.

is there a chance to get a copy in here of that report, so i dpon´t get the magazin her in germany

I wish I could scan and post a copy , but I have no scanner :(

How ever I will see if I can find someone with one , Or maybesomebody here has one they can scan the issue with.

There are 3 issues that have the MJ in it

septmeber 05 ( original buy "$500.00 Beater")

noverber 05 ( $93.82 "Profesional paint job", "yearning for a lift PT 1" )

Decmeber 05 ( "Yearning for a lift PT 2")

I think they also have a few more articlas comming out in some later issues, Steering corection , and something else.

$195 per pack???

Sounds a little salty to me...

If you figure most XJ lifts w/ AAL's are about $400+ range and the same kit with complete packs are about $900 + the price aint that bad.

I would rather have a new pack than an AAL especialy if the pack you allready have is toast. JC Whitney used to sell MJ packs w/no lift for about $95 per brand new so by the time you add AAL's your about there.

$195 per pack???

Sounds a little salty to me...

If you figure most XJ lifts w/ AAL's are about $400+ range and the same kit with complete packs are about $900 + the price aint that bad.

I didn't pay $195 for my long aal with shocks for my 2" inch XJ lift.

$195 a pack for 2" is pretty damn pricey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey recognise this MJ?

Image Not Found

It's the MJ from the JP article after they finished the lift in the rear. The really odd part is I didn't get it from the magazine. I got it from an Ebay auction about 4 months before the article was released. The Guy selling it, said that he had only bought it a month prior and didn't know much about MJs, but he also said that he homebuilt the suspension lift himself. So either JP sells the MJ, or this guy stole the pics. Wierd?

• 3 weeks later...

unless they soley plan on desert racing that truck, i can't see why they would go to the trouble of having the custom leaf packs made for sprung under. The pictures in the mag. show how much ground clearance they lost.

Heck the only thing that hangs down under my rear axle is the .5" of the stock ubolts soa, and i have drug the heck outa the axle over some rocks at tellico. I can't imagine having that huge leaf pack and ubolt plate hanging down under there.