Hello fellow MJ owner's, i'm the new guy from WI. . .

AMC-MJ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 1 photo of the 59' B61T, and I haven't taken any of the 75' DM600...

Nothing to special about them just a couple of old Red Macks. one s heavy haul tractor other is a triaxle gravel truck...

Thanks for the warm n rapid welcomes...

Happy holidays be safe have fun...

Mike

Ok, well the brake job is finally complete system is adjusted up and blead out !

I just got back from a little 12mile test drive, this is the first time i have driven my MJ . . . it seems to be a fine little beast, tho its going to need some suspension work, it seems a bit soft n floaty !

But the little 2WD 4 popper gets around in 6-9" of snow just fine, tho it dose have a topper n 5 tires on wheels in the box so its got some weight.

Happy holidays . . . :waving:

Mike

Right now i have, P215/70R15's on front and ST225/70R15's on the rear, they ain't nothing special just some general purpose tires fronts are passenger tire the rear are trailer tires :fs1: . . . I hate them i'm either going to a LT235/75R15C MT's or LT7.00-15D Super Traction's . . .

I only like tires that make noise, on my truck's "if they ain't howling i'm getting stuck" is how i buy tires !

Radial MT's n MTR's . . . Biasply Super Traction's n Extra Grip's, I love TSL's those they go both way's Biasply n radial . . .

Mike

1962 GMC K4500:

GVWR: 14,000lbs.

engine: 379 V-6, 4.562 Bore x 3.86 Stroke 175hp@3400rpm & 388tq@1800rpm.

Trans: SM-420 4spd-DD.

Gears: 5.13's.

tires: LT8-19.5.

Start's Runs Drives steers n stop's gets driven every summer going on 13 year's. . .

Mike

well i uploaded a great deal, of my Rig's to photo bucket . . . Looking at all the photos of my old stuff really made me feel poor, :fs1: Most my Rig's are twice my age, and i have to drive them every year for one purpose or another :hmm:

I'll have to get some updated photos of The Jeep . . .

Mike

Sound's cool, i been trying to break my anti-social steak for :cheers: I go to work come home get paid pay bills buy food get some gas n :fs1: about being stuck home n broke with so many irons in da fire . . .

The MJ was a project truck that has now been put into service as a driver, originally it was to be patched up painted frame beefed up and Repowered with a AMC290 V-8 4bbl / T-5 5spd-OD . . .

AMC290 V-8:

290 2bbl 200hp n 260tq.

290 4bbl 225hp n 300tq.

GM 350 TBI 210hp n 300tq, So the 290 is a beast comparably . . .

But if it's going to be a driver i'm not so sure i want a V-8 in it, not after i got to drive it that little 2.5-I4 rip's rather well.

Mike

yea the 2.5s can haul @$$ theyre pretty fast with the right gears. anyway id still paint the frame and patch it in places or itss gunna rust out on you trust me i know .look in the projects forum and look at "ole rusty" its mine. anyway i truly believe you should clean it up give it a paint job and get a new seat . but not untill you follow pete ms advice and pull the carpets up to check for rust.trust me its a pain now but if you don't do it you won't have you mj long. :thumbsup:

I've had it a while, i just started driving it this week, Maybe that caused the confusion :dunno: Sorry about that . . .

I been driving it for 3 day's now i just did a new starter as the old one was crawling n dragging so i replaced before i ended up stranded jamminz.gif

I ran all new 2GA cable's, and a new 800CCA@0*F battery :cheers: spins over like a hot summer day at 15*F . . .

i'll toss up some photos here shortly.

check it out:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20503&p=209784#p209784

Mike

Screw the AMX pics... are there pics of the Macks????

First time i heard that, So AMSOIL dealer ? . . . Me too . . . I'm my best customer, rather i'm about my only customer. . .

Mike

I love old big iron... just can't afford to have one.. or a place to keep it. The older I get the less I am into muscle cars, even rare ones.

I have to pay for my Jeep problem somehow... ;)