The restyle of my WJ

shelbyluvv

I spent a little time with my son yesterday taking the Dragin' Wagon from this...

To this...

I know some of you are asking yourselves, "Why would you do such a thing?" The answer is simple. Money. I was dumping $40-$50 a week in the tank of the WJ. It was getting 13 MPG city and 16 HWY, (if I kept it at 60 mph). Now I get 17-18 city and 21-22 HWY at 70+. I only paid $200 for the rims and tires too. They will pay for them selves in a couple months. I also missed the quiet and smooth ride the wagon had stock. I was really starting to hate the Jeep and was thinking about getting rid of it. I am in love with her all over again now. This was the best money I have ever spent on this Jeep. Not to mention the quality time with my boy yesterday tearing it down to put the BB back on was priceless. We are sore today but it was worth it.

What were you running for a lift before, and what are you running now. My WJ is itching for a new look, but with all the negative talk about lifting WJs I am leary. The old man emu 3.5 is kinda what I have it narrowed down too if I was buying something. Everybody wants what they don't have, but what are your thoughts and opinions having already lifted your jeep.

Nice Shelby. :thumbsup: Now if you took off that monstrous front bumper and replaced it with something lighter (even a nice OEM), your mileage will get even better. I'll even come over and take it off your hands. :cheers:

Find me a stock 04 bumper (in graphite) with fog lights, some factory tow hooks, and $200. I will give you the bumper. I am going to ditch the rear tire carrier as well. I need a stock rear cover and a hitch too. My bumper is welded to the hitch to make it removeable.

I am going to return her to stock for the most part.

What were you running for a lift before, and what are you running now. My WJ is itching for a new look, but with all the negative talk about lifting WJs I am leary. The old man emu 3.5 is kinda what I have it narrowed down too if I was buying something. Everybody wants what they don't have, but what are your thoughts and opinions having already lifted your jeep.

I had a BDS 4" lift with some 265/75/16 Mud Dawgs. Which are nothing more than a Maxxis Big Horn. I never had any DW problems with the BDS lift. I surely did with the Crusty's lift though.

I have the lift and tires for sale on http://www.nagca.com for $800. See my post above if you are looking for bumpers too. I might sale the rock rails as well. It may be worth it for you to drive to GA and get everything in one shot.

http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38404

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I traded my front ARB, rear carrier, and rock rails for some stockers on Monday. Of course the new owner of my parts put a little cash in my hand too. I really missed the look of the Jeep stock. It has had bumpers on it since it was 3 months old. I never really got to enjoy it looking pretty in it's birthday suit.

Here it sits with stock bumpers, 2" BB, and some 17" Commander wheels.

I noticed the MTVR and HMMWV's in the background along with the Marine Corps sticker on the windshield... Who are you with down there in Georgia?

Great eye for spotting the HMMWV! I am pulling I&I duty in Marietta GA at HQ&SVC BN. I call doing the duty my lapse in judgment. I know it will help me with my career progression but I hate it.

Semper FI!