Floor pans

I've searched the forum pretty extensively to see if anyone had a good source for replacement floor pans. I've looked at quadratecs xj floor pans but was wondering if anyone knew of anything cheaper. I only need the driver side so 90 bucks isn't too bad but every penny counts. Thanks

I used three strips of flat sheetmetal on one side, and a cut out floor from an XJ on the other.

The '3 strips' side came out way nicer.

1 strip, with a 90* bend on one side <----- goes from the 'frame' to the rocker

1 flat, kinda wide strip <---------- goes from the driveshaft tunnel, to the 'frame'

1 thin strip <--------- goes on top of the 'frame' capping it off, and connecting the two other pieces.

I'll try to pull up a pic later.

jpnjim what thickness of steel did you use, 1/8 in 1/4 in?

Thinner than that,

I'm thinking 16 to 18 gauge.

Really tough to cut with tin snips, but still workable.

The cutout was for a doubler that I decided against later.

Donor floor used for the drivers side:

Also, since these pretty much go hand in hand i have three seat studs that need to be replaced due to seized nuts and one that just rusted away, after i grind these down i was looking for people who have had this problem and what they did to resolve it

Also, since these pretty much go hand in hand i have three seat studs that need to be replaced due to seized nuts and one that just rusted away, after i grind these down i was looking for people who have had this problem and what they did to resolve it

i had to replace all my seat studs on my 88 Comanche and i just grinded them down drilled them out , and went to the hardware store and got some grade 8 bolts slightly larger in diameter with washers to fit , used nylon lock nuts and bolted them in (washers on both sides .

stronger then stock i guarantee it !!!!!

The cross braces in my pics (welded to the floors) are for late model XJ seats.

They take care of the ft two mounts (& are stronger than stock MJ mounts, to take the impact of the airbags deploying), for the rear, I drilled two holes in the floor, & used large fender washers on the backside to keep them from pulling through.