Look what came out of my engine.

mfpdm

So, was breaking down the motor that came out of the 87 parts truck just to see how bad off it was. Figured I could at least save a few internals for spares or maybe even rebuild it.

SLUDGE!! :ack:

I wondered why the radiator had no liquid in it. :shake:

Here's what laid beneath the head.

KABOOM!! :eek:

#4, or what's left of it and a good bit of the cylinder wall is missing.

Well, I think I'll just throw it in the pile with the rest of the stuff for the scrapman. :thumbsup:

That'll buff out.

Do I spy a snap-on tool set in pic #1. If so, the SAE version got me through my 4.0 rebuild :yes:

Don't think so... looks identical to my first Craftsman set, 263 piece set that came holder thinger with 3 or 4 drawers.

That'll buff out.

Do I spy a snap-on tool set in pic #1. If so, the SAE version got me through my 4.0 rebuild :yes:

Don't think so... looks identical to my first Craftsman set, 263 piece set that came holder thinger with 3 or 4 drawers.

That be the one. Got it on some rediculous sale one day. Had to go to three stores to find one in stock. Don't know how I lived without it. :D

:cheers:

Well, I bought it from a guy who bought it from another guy. My guy said he thought it had a blown head gasket but had not tried to start it. Soooo, I think he knew and just didn't want to blow the deal. I wasn't wanting it for the motor anyway so I didn't care what condition it was in. But yea, I bet the last 60 seconds of it's life was pretty exciting.

:cheers:

Pretty exciting is most like likey an gross understatement. I would have been interested in firing it up and hearing what that brand of death sounds like. :brows:

Epic fail.

Rob L.

x2 on starting it.

was the first thing that popped into my hear whilst reading this.