Wireless router ?

aemsee

From what I hear, stay away from D-link. Personal experience by myself and a friend of mine says don't even think of Netgear; they have great signal strength, but drop packets all the time.

I have installed a few Linksys units for people and businesses, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Fast, reliable, easy to set up, and a good company backing them (Cisco).

linksys and netgear are pretty much the same in my book as far as performance. The thing to consider is what is in your machine. Use to think my netgear was a POS until I bought a new laptop with a good wireless card built in. Now I can get connected anywhere in my house or yard and maintain a strong and fast connection. FWIW, I've burned up two linksys boxes due to lightning but have yet to lose my netgear one.(knock on wood)

:cheers:

I've been using the same Zoom X6 Model 5590 for years. It's an ADSL modem, wireless-G router, and 4-port switch all in one box. Very good range for a home wireless-G network (have four computers on it, some 200' away), easy to configure, printer sharing, and good security features. The customer support is super too. I've tried a lot of models before, but this unit beats all hands down, and it's all in one compact box. :cheers:

I just remembered that I had a Linksys WAP54G access point in my cabinet full of computer parts :nuts: . So I just got done figuring out how to piggy back it off the Belkin router. See if that ends the wireless drop out. The biggest issue was trying to get to the web-based set up screen. Finally changed the belkin IP range to match the linksys. Gee, only spent about 3 hrs messing with it :ack: . Hope it does the trick!

Thanks for all your input, guys. jamminz.gif